The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry the only way to guarantee that, was by tagging him. Really no reason not to. All they had to do is tell Him and his Agent, we will get a deal done just need the extra time.

Now any team can come in , go crazy over pay and unless CGJ doesn't chase the money which would be a shocker IMO, he's gone! Should of Tagged him.

In Howie I trust though. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

Well, at least we can use that money in a backup OL/DLÂ đŸ˜„

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Hey don't worry me like that, I was a bit relieved when we heard he wasn't going anywhere. 

But maybe the fact that he hasn't been tagged is a good indicator that the deal is actually close.

That's what I'm hoping. Another report just came out that said we're not tagging him by 4pm today. I hope it reads the way you're thinking. I'm gonna be so upset if he walks

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Does Vegas put us towards the tops of landing big players just to steal our Fans money? Or is there actual some truth to it?

Seeing that we're the favorite to land Derrick Henry is fun and exciting to think about.. I just don't see it happening.

Would love to see him play here at least for the year left in his contract but just seems farfetched 

I would rather draft Bijan at 10 over using any resource at all on Henry.

Which is saying a lot.

Odd they aren't tagging CJGJ but I am guessing they either think his price won't rise in FA(I doubt that) or they don't think he is as valuable as fans perceive him to be. Not bringing him back definitely would point to us likely bringing either Cox or Hargrave back though.

27 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Cut slay w a post June destination. Trade a 2 for ramsey.

Do not want Ramsey. In the most extreme scenario where we get rid of Slay, I would rather spend 2 1sts on CBs and start fresh than spend assets and money on Ramsey.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Odd they aren't tagging CJGJ but I am guessing they either think his price won't rise in FA(I doubt that) or they don't think he is as valuable as fans perceive him to be. Not bringing him back definitely would point to us likely bringing either Cox or Hargrave back though.

I think they’ll let both DTs find their market, there are guys who will cost less that can fill roles up there. I think especially Hargrave is looking for big money but don’t really feel like spending it on him.

If CJGJ can go get a massive deal, more power to him. Like him but don’t know if he’s worth spending a ton on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think they’ll let both DTs find their market, there are guys who will cost less that can fill roles up there. I think especially Hargrave is looking for big money but don’t really feel like spending it on him.

If CJGJ can go get a massive deal, more power to him. Like him but don’t know if he’s worth spending a ton on.

I don't think CJ is coming back - get the feeling he's going to price himself out of our range. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

I don't think CJ is coming back - get the feeling he's going to price himself out of our range. 

And if it’s the case, it is what it is.

I think Howie spoke fairly plainly when he talked about getting comp picks for next year.

They’ll let the market dictate things, guys that don’t find a bigger deal out there could come back. Could see them be active in the cut market as it won’t throw off comp picks, and if we are getting multiple mid round picks we’ll have our two 2s / 3rd / 4th to make some trades with. Either for some guys or to move around this draft. Which again doesn’t mean anything in the comp formula.

13 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Daniel Jones getting 4 year $160 mill deal and also franchise tagging Saquon Barkley

I just trolled their fans in the Giant thread.  Holy hell what an enormously bad front office.  F-Ed the Eagles hard though.  

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

As soon as it was hinted they won’t franchise him, tells me all I needed to know.  He’ll get more money elsewhere.   

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No it’s not.  You know how often the Eagles have players play on a franchise tag?  Not very often.  It would be odd for them to tag him.   

8 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

No it’s not.  You know how often the Eagles have players play on a franchise tag?  Not very often.  It would be odd for them to tag him.   

Yep.  Franchise Tag is not how the Eagles do business, and Howie know he is up against it cap wise with the Hurts deal now going to be bigger after the Giants gave DJ that idiotic deal.