2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I highly doubt it’s IOL but I wouldn’t be completely surprised either. Thuney is 31 this year with a 22+mil cap hit through 2025 that has an out after this year. Plus you have Humphrey and Smith due for deals next year. So not impossible if the right guy falls. My money is on DL.

Thuney is signed through 2026 while Smith, Humphrey, Niang, and Noah Gray are signed through 2025.

DL can mean DT and DE. Some, like Omenihu, are a bit of both. Leaving out top 10 picks, that means Murphy, Van Ness, and possibly Bresee or Kancey.  

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Thuney is signed through 2026 while Smith, Humphrey, Niang, and Noah Gray are signed through 2025.

DL can mean DT and DE. Some, like Omenihu, are a bit of both. Leaving out top 10 picks, that means Murphy, Van Ness, and possibly Bresee or Kancey.  

Thuney is a FA in 2026. His cap hit is the biggest issue imo. And the others are FA in 2025.

And that’s what I meant by DL. I think it’ll be the best DE or DT available. I’m still on the Kancey train. 

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I highly doubt it’s IOL but I wouldn’t be completely surprised either. Thuney is 31 this year with a 22+mil cap hit through 2025 that has an out after this year. Plus you have Humphrey and Smith due for deals next year. So not impossible if the right guy falls. My money is on DL.

Ah I didn’t think about that, but I think we’re the kinda team to draft interior OL when we need it, not gonna sit a guy and groom him. We’ll just re-sign Allegretti or something😂

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Thuney is a FA in 2026. His cap hit is the biggest issue imo. And the others are FA in 2025.

And that’s what I meant by DL. I think it’ll be the best DE or DT available. I’m still on the Kancey train. 

Eh I think we’re gonna target more of a NT type to pair with Jones, but you honestly can’t have enough pass rushers with the QBs in this conference

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Opinions on Kancey are all over. PFF has him at #13 but TDN has him at #53 and CBS splits the difference with #31. I should look up who owns the #31 pick.  

Titans signed LB Ben Niemann, formerly of the Cardinals.

Niemann, a five-year veteran linebacker, played four seasons with the Chiefs before spending the 2022 season with the Cardinals. He has 21 starts in 79 career appearances over five seasons. Niemann should serve as a depth linebacker in defensive coordinator Shane Bowen's 3-4, linebacker-heavy defensive scheme.

Apr 17, 2023, 6:07 PM ET 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Think we've all definitely both been expecting and hoping for this.

This was the elephant in the room throughout the draft.  I think there was a chance we’d draft if someone fell, or we moved Clyde but the plan was always to let Jet see if he could get his, and bring him back if he was willing.

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

somehow I knew this was coming.

I think we all did.  At 5.5 guaranteed that would put him at roughly the 16th highest paid back in the league and he’s currently 3rd a poor depth chart.  Just didn’t make sense.  If he come out and blows everyone away this year, trying to re-sign is something we could still try.  But with running backs it is just too much of a next man up outside of a special few.