2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

I don’t think Mayer is anywhere near worthy of 31.  Kincaid I at least get the argument.  Honestly I think LaPorta ends up being a better pro than Mayer at half the cost.  I also think this team contrary to popular beliefs has needs. 

I think the way this draft is set up, there will be higher need + value than TE.  Again, if we take Washington at 31, it is what it is.  To me the way we rotate DL, and knowing Omenihu’s strengths, I think DE is the biggest need outside of the “What If” we’re playing at OT.

30 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Do you want a pass catching TE or a blocking TE (to assist our "inexperienced" OT's)??

Yes.

Blocking first TEs tend to last until later rounds. Sometimes, eg George Kittle, blocking TEs prove adept as receivers. Kincaid is a receiving first TE while Mayer is more of the complete package.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

So Beckham got 15 M$ guaranteed and then some on a one year deal - that hits the cap no matter what in 2023 ... I don't think the Chiefs ever were serious contenders in that sweepstakes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out that we offered him 4mil or so. Really glad we didn’t overpay like the Ravens. 

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out that we offered him 4mil or so. Really glad we didn’t overpay like the Ravens. 

I’d like to think we were in for a low base with heavy incentives, and I could imagine with his recent injury history he was after high guarantee and we all know we don’t have that cheddar.

All Justyn Ross has to do is be healthy, et voila, we own a free draft pick.

We don't know how high the pick would have been but we have already seen his hands in action. He was also invited to play catch with Mahomes, along with the other practice squad types.

10 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

So Beckham got 15 M$ guaranteed and then some on a one year deal - that hits the cap no matter what in 2023 ... I don't think the Chiefs ever were serious contenders in that sweepstakes

They added four void years, so most of it they're actually going to pay on next year's cap.

But yeah, no chance we were ever in on this.

21 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Just saw this but have expected it for some time.

With this in the background, it is no wonder the Chiefs' FO has been very chill about WR. Watson is the glue guy and blocking WR that was missing. That makes a five player WR room not counting the ST players. 

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Just saw this but have expected it for some time.

With this in the background, it is no wonder the Chiefs' FO has been very chill about WR. Watson is the glue guy and blocking WR that was missing. That makes a five player WR room not counting the ST players. 

Yup, Veach getting dialed in before the draft. Who knows what direction we’re gonna go in

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Yup, Veach getting dialed in before the draft. Who knows what direction we’re gonna go in

My guess is another trade up but trading back is also likely. The 50-75 range is stacked. 

If they trade up, the question is who they would do it for? One premium Edge that has been settling a bit is is Murphy. 

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

My guess is another trade up but trading back is also likely. The 50-75 range is stacked. 

If they trade up, the question is who they would do it for? One premium Edge that has been settling a bit is is Murphy. 

Could be a DT like Mazi Smith, could even be a corner that’s falling like we did with McDuffie

Basically the only positions I don’t see are RB, LB, interior OL, K or P. Anything else is fair game imo

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Could be a DT like Mazi Smith, could even be a corner that’s falling like we did with McDuffie

Basically the only positions I don’t see are RB, LB, interior OL, K or P. Anything else is fair game imo

I highly doubt it’s IOL but I wouldn’t be completely surprised either. Thuney is 31 this year with a 22+mil cap hit through 2025 that has an out after this year. Plus you have Humphrey and Smith due for deals next year. So not impossible if the right guy falls. My money is on DL.