2023 Free Agency Tread

mwalker

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Bills should be a sneaky spot for him as well.  I think they would send him NFC though.  I think the Eagles could be a team to watch.  Maybe the Lions. Cards would be a good team to look at.

I think he would be great with the Eagles…I was trying to factor in cap situations and IIRC the Chiefs are ok cap wise this offseason after they redo Mahomes and extend Clark.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

And I don't want it to be confused, I would absolutely celebrate getting him back at the right price. I'd be pretty happy with him at a $3M value, but once we start creeping further up that price tag I just start asking "couldn't we just get someone better?". 

Personally, if I had to choose I would take Kazee. I like Edmunds overall game but I value playing the pass more than his averageness across the board. 

Edmunds is the ultimate "what if we just..." player. What if we just had better ILB play? What if we just had a better coverage S next to Minkah? What if we just had someone who could create a turnover? While he helps checkboxes, I just don't think they are boxes that can't be checked by an average replacement. 

Seeing how they were ready to let him walk last year, I am not sure the Steelers share the view that they need him...which is right where I am. 

Looking by AAV on overthecap I would guess he’s around the $4-5 mill per year range.

Im guessing they’ll resign at least 1 of Edmunds/Kazee and go from there…if both great…if not add SS as a possibility starting at pick 32.

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

I would guess he’s around the $4-5 mill per year range.

I have been thinking he looks at Chuck Clark, Whitehead, Von Bell, Kearse, and Woods at $5M-$7M and says that's my market too. If that's the case, best of luck to you on your future endeavors. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I have been thinking he looks at Chuck Clark, Whitehead, Von Bell, Kearse, and Woods at $5M-$7M and says that's my market too. If that's the case, best of luck to you on your future endeavors. 

Might depend on how low that year 1 cap hit is and how backloaded it is.

Wirh then only being ok cap wise this year and things opening so much more next offseason I might be more inclined to go the “safe route.”

Who knows though with Kham/Wiedl in how how aggressive they are in FA…maybe they just shock everybody and give Jessie Bates another Minkah deal and be like QBs beware.

53 minutes ago, AFF said:

Who knows though with Kham/Wiedl in how how aggressive they are in FA…maybe they just shock everybody and give Jessie Bates another Minkah deal and be like QBs beware.

this sure would be nice along with Forbes and JPj/Smith .  Von Bell would be good and spotrac says the price would be around 9.7M per year.  Bates would be around 14M , not sure we go that far given our cap situation.  Quite the idea though, see who leads the league in INT's then

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I seriously doubt we would pay him big money.    If we spend big money anywhere, I expect either ILB or DB....and even then I doubt it.

do we even have the $ to spend in the first place, even after a few cuts? By the time we sign our vets and rookies, whats left?  He's probably going to get 20M per,  I doubt we have that much left if in fact the FO wants to keep Sutton, Ogunjobi Kazee and Rell. 

Wagner or Kendricks  would be  about half of what LT Brown would occupy in the cap,  so that might be possible.  

Like you though, I doubt any outside big UFA signings north of 10M per

and what if the ravens ship off Lamar ? Do we make in division trade and send Mitch to the ravens :D

Edited by 3rivers

@3rivers

They are roughly at the cap now…

They can cut Trubisky/Jackson and Witherspoon and get to $24 mill in cap room…some other small cuts like Gunner and Maulet may happen.

The main questions marks are

-What do they do with Jack(im guessing keep around at least til they see what happens in FA)

-They can easily restructure Fitzpatrick and clear about $8 mill…do they restructure Watt again?

-What do they do with Cam with cap hits over $20 mill the next 2 years….maybe a fake extension to add 2 years and spread some of that $ out?

They like to have $5-7 mill for in season stuff…draft pick class with 1st year cap hits I’m guessing around $6 mill.

They can add a few mid tier FA signings like Daniels and Cole last year(really low year 1 cap hits then rise significantly the rest of the way)…it’s more of a question of how much more they would like to do this offseason.

Edited by AFF

22 minutes ago, AFF said:

What do they do with Jack(im guessing keep around at least til they see what happens in FA)

cut him, sign Wagner or Kendricks, draft Pace later in the draft. 

but... has there been any hint that the FO wants to cut or trade Jack?

22 minutes ago, AFF said:

They can easily restructure Fitzpatrick and clear about $8 mill…do they restructure Watt again?

see how that goes, but maybe

They have to do all this, until then, just broke as usual

Edited by 3rivers