Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Why do you worry about that? Clearly not where he wins. Elite change of direction guy, wins with suddenness.

JSN is going to be a huge bust if he’s drafted in the first round.  He is strictly a slow and short area slot WR.  Jarvis Landry is a good comp for him.

4 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

JSN is going to be a huge bust if he’s drafted in the first round.  He is strictly a slow and short area slot WR.  Jarvis Landry is a good comp for him.

6 foot 200 pounds with elite quickness and excellent route running.  He might not have top tier deep speed, but he has plenty of tools to work with.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Ah that's unfortunate because..

So this has been a trend in Holmes' drafts so far - he picks guys with average 8 or higher RAS that also produced in college. Not sure if AR necessarily falls into that, but I think Washington would, at least blocking wise. It'll be interesting to see what we do in free agency because if we already address enough defensive needs, could just go BPA.

Well both AR and Washington have a RAS of 9.90 or higher but the production part does come into question even with Washington because of his usage and role

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This take is all kinds of bad.

Not really.  He has very good technique and ability great for short yardage and redzone situations, but he’s just not fast enough to be anything more than a chain mover.  He’s probably the 4th-5th WR at best and this is a weak WR class.  The only reason he was so successful in college was because Wilson and Olave would draw coverage and open up the middle of the field for him.  Even with all of that room to work with he would still get caught from behind with ease and barely ever get any yards after the catch.

Just now, Kparty15 said:

Not really.  He has very good technique and ability great for short yardage and redzone situations, but he’s just not fast enough to be anything more than a chain mover.  He’s probably the 4th-5th WR at best and this is a weak WR class.  The only reason he was so successful in college was because Wilson and Olave would draw coverage and open up the middle of the field for him.  Even with all of that room to work with he would still get caught from behind with ease and barely ever get any yards after the catch.

Yeah they really opened up things for him in the rose bowl...

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

JSN literally tested as elite of the elite in terms of quickness. If he has just average straight line speed, he's a favorite for RoY as long as he has a halfway competent QB.

He will have a spot in the NFL, but he is more of a high floor and low ceiling type of player.  I could see him being an Adam Theilen type of player where he racks up TDs, but doesn’t get a ton of yards per catch.  I don’t see it being worth a 1st round pick though.

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

JSN literally tested as elite of the elite in terms of quickness. If he has just average straight line speed, he's a favorite for RoY as long as he has a halfway competent QB.

Hell, Garrett Wilson won oROY with Zach Wilson and Mike White throwing him the ball.  I'm not worried about JSN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

He will have a spot in the NFL, but he is more of a high floor and low ceiling type of player.  I could see him being an Adam Theilen type of player where he racks up TDs, but doesn’t get a ton of yards per catch.  I don’t see it being worth a 1st round pick though.

So far, according to you, he's Landry and Theilen and you're saying he'll bust. I'm not sure that works well together. 

JSN might not have straightline speed but that's not everything that's important as a WR. Guy is an elite route runner with excellent short area agility. He's going to make a team very happy and be productive. Just better not be the ******* Chiefs 

4 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Adam Thielen was a pretty damn good WR in his prime.

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So far, according to you, he's Landry and Theilen and you're saying he'll bust. I'm not sure that works well together. 

JSN might not have straightline speed but that's not everything that's important as a WR. Guy is an elite route runner with excellent short area agility. He's going to make a team very happy and be productive. Just better not be the ******* Chiefs 

Don't worry, he won't get anywhere near the Chiefs' pick.  He's probably as close to a top 12 lock at this point.

• Like 1