Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

Just now, NYRaider said:

They just invested a 2nd into John Metchie last year who projects as a slot guy as well though.

He is coming off cancer and I think they've seen how well pairing a QB with his college WR has worked in the NFL.  I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

I still think the Lions are prime to trade up. They’re already at 6

I think it’ll go something like 

1. Colts - Young

2. Texans Stroud

3. Cardinals - stay and draft Will Anderson

4. Chicago - Jalen Cater

5 Lions- flip 6 to 5 with Seattle and take Richardson. Maybe send a 2nd for a 3rd or something. 

6. Seattle - Tyree Wilson or Christian Gonzales somebody like that. 

I think Anderson and Carter are cemented top 4 along with CJ and Young. I think 5 is the spot somebody comes up for Richardson at and Detroit has more then enough ammo to move up and still have a great draft. 

Flip Stroud and Young and it would be closer.  Ballard ( colt GM) HATES small QBs and has said so publicly.  Whether he is right to wrong I think he sticks to his guns.

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

If UGA players keep testing freakishly (Nolan Smith and Washington on top of last years players) I really wonder what Bowers is going to test like next year...

Ran in the 4.5s with a 40" vertical as a sophomore in high school so...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yes I know that is why I am wondering how fast and explosive has he gotten in the UGA program.

Not sure what he weighed at the time, so that is the only thing that would give me pause about assuming further improvements. I'd set the over/under at 4.50 and 40" with a strong shuttle and huge hands. Still hard to understand how Bowers wasn't a top 100 prospect coming out of high school.

• Like 1