Rams likely to trade CB Jalen Ramsey in coming weeks

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Not only is he still good enough to at least warrant a 1st, the move only saves the Rams like 5.5M in cap while leaving close to 20M in dead cap. We aren't just giving him away. 

What would the team he's traded to be on the hook for over the next 3 seasons?

3 hours ago, adamq said:

How close do they get to recouping those 2 FRPs they sent away for him? Surely he is still worth what, a 1st and 3rd at least?

I feel like they could probably get a 1st and 2nd due to how scares top cbs are out there and he’s on a nice contract. And that would be a great deal/move for the rams.

Edited by 4thandInches

My initial reaction was that a FRP was too high of an asking price, but looking at his contract for the team acquiring him I'm not sure it's an unreasonable ask.

2023: $17M ($12.5M GTD)
2024: $18.5M
2025: $19.5M

As long as Jalen Ramsey isn't asking for a new deal, a FRP seems like a decent price ASSUMING you don't think his age is going to catch up to him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

My initial reaction was that a FRP was too high of an asking price, but looking at his contract for the team acquiring him I'm not sure it's an unreasonable ask.

2023: $17M ($12.5M GTD)
2024: $18.5M
2025: $19.5M

As long as Jalen Ramsey isn't asking for a new deal, a FRP seems like a decent price ASSUMING you don't think his age is going to catch up to him.

I think he can probably finish out that contract without age being his downfall, now maybe if he's just washed to some degree that might be another story, hard to say. I didn't watch him last year or frankly hear him mentioned really.

• Like 1