John Fox is still employed

G08

Is there a real source to all of this or is it just “some guy on twitter says he saw them”? None of the major outlets have this and it would be a HUGE STORY. It would be national news and the entirety of the local sports talk scene  

I guess it fits the John Fox should be fired right now narrative though, so credibility be damned. 

Hub Arkush

However, according to several sources close to the situation, Fangio being named an interim head coach won’t happen. The reason that won't happen, we’re hearing, is that the Bears front office already has a list of names to interview as potential head coach candidates going forward and Fangio's name isn’t on it.

If Fangio were to have success for a few games as an interim head coach, it could create significant pressure on Pace to give Fangio the job on a permanent basis even if he still isn’t convinced Fangio’s the right guy for the job.

According to our sources, Pace already has plans for change in the very near future and auditioning Fangio could possibly interfere with those plans a lot more than help them. While there is virtually no chance that Fangio will return as defensive coordinator with whomever is named the next Bears head coach, we’re hearing that’s a loss Pace is already preparing for.

According to our sources, Pace already has plans for change in the very near future and auditioning Fangio could possibly interfere with those plans a lot more than help them. While there is virtually no chance that Fangio will return as defensive coordinator with whomever is named the next Bears head coach, we’re hearing that’s a loss Pace is already preparing for.

Curious who Pace has in mind... Carmichael Jr makes a ton of sense, but is he HC material?

My guy is still Josh McDaniels.

Dude flamed out magnificently in Denver, but that was 7 years ago. Since then, he's been hip-to-hip with Tom Brady (who raves about McDaniels) and Bill Belichick and picked up 2 more Super Bowl rings.

Yes, there has been talk that he wants to have a say in his GM, but Ryan Pace is nothing if not a willing partner with his head coach. I don't think that should be an issue and my hope is that they work well together.

With the amount of turnover this offense is about to face (especially at WR) now is the time to make the move. I'm not sure who else comes with a better documented resume and I really don't see Trubisky butting heads with McDaniels. If the QB gets on board early, and he's the team leader he is being billed as, then the rest of the roster will fall in line.

So I say screw it, bring in the wunderkid.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

Curious who Pace has in mind... Carmichael Jr makes a ton of sense, but is he HC material?

Carmichael looks like a guy who's beat up by Mormons. In no universe can he command a locker room. He purposefully styles his bangs to look like this: 

petecarmichael.jpg

55 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Hub Arkush

This makes sense as to why they don't want to turn things over to Fangio despite everyone so desperate to see Fox go already.  For one, it's clear he's not who Pace wants as the next head coach so why make the move and then potentially have a worse situation on your hand when you move on from Fangio?

Serious candidates should be the following:

• Frank Reich
  • Matt Lafleur
  • Pete Carmichael Jr.
  • Matt Nagy
  • Mike Shula 
  • Jim Harbaugh
  • David Shaw

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

from Twitter

#culture

Maybe this is another reason for the locker room yelling on Monday.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is there a real source to all of this or is it just “some guy on twitter says he saw them”? None of the major outlets have this and it would be a HUGE STORY. It would be national news and the entirety of the local sports talk scene  

I guess it fits the John Fox should be fired right now narrative though, so credibility be damned. 

Who knows if it is real but it could be a factor in the locker room argument yesterday, either way it's not good news coming out.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I think that both means it would be awesome as well as "you'd have to be dreaming" for him to come to Chicago.

Depends. How much he wants the NFL, and how much the Bears would want him, for starters. Whether Shaw is sold on Trubisky would factor into it too. We'll see what happens...

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

It was on the Score this morning.

A bouncer from the club called in.

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It was on the Score this morning.

A bouncer from the club called in.

If there’s one thing bouncers at clubs are known for, its their credibility. ? 

Was the story vetted by anyone? Or is this one guy saying this is what he saw, and 10 hours later nobody has confirmed it with any other sources? The bouncer wasn’t the only guy at the club and if high profile people are there people notice. People take photos. People remember. It’d be on social media almost immediately. If there’s nothing else other than some radio show caller that SAYS he’s a bouncer at a club in Philly then it’s not even a story. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

If there’s one thing bouncers at clubs are known for, its their credibility. ? 

Was the story vetted by anyone? Or is this one guy saying this is what he saw, and 10 hours later nobody has confirmed it with any other sources? The bouncer wasn’t the only guy at the club and if high profile people are there people notice. People take photos. People remember. It’d be on social media almost immediately. If there’s nothing else other than some radio show caller that SAYS he’s a bouncer at a club in Philly then it’s not even a story. 

I don't think anyone wants you to take it as gospel.

9 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Probably wasn't a big deal cause I am sure the players scored some cocaine and were wide a wake for that game.

it also depends on what time they got back.  if its 4 am and you have to be at work at 8 am then I would be pissed too but if they were out until 1 weren't drinking got 6-7 hours of sleep there is nothing wrong with that.   

Every been to South Philly? It’s basically all strip clubs, coke, and stadiums.

Archived