2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

anybody watch any of the euroleague playoffs?

Luka has not been impressive.

He is averaging 9 points and 2 assists thru 2 games and has only made 2 shots. I think Giannis' brother Thanis (?) is mostly guarding him.

I have never been sold on him as a true NBA big-time prospect. talented, sure but what position will he play? Is he athletic enough to make an impact? or will he be just a solid role player.Those are some of the questions I have for him.

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I have never been sold on him as a true NBA big-time prospect. talented, sure but what position will he play? Is he athletic enough to make an impact? or will he be just a solid role player.Those are some of the questions I have for him.

He's a primary ball handler that can play the 1 through 3 easily. I'm not even remotely worried about his ability to translate.

He's also deferred a lot so far in these playoffs. Only averaging 4 shots a game. He's perfect from the FT line and shooting 40% from 3 in that small sample. I'm not even remotely worried.

On 4/20/2018 at 12:46 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

anybody watch any of the euroleague playoffs?

Luka has not been impressive.

He is averaging 9 points and 2 assists thru 2 games and has only made 2 shots. I think Giannis' brother Thanis (?) is mostly guarding him.

Eh, it's just 2 games. Not nearly enough to mean a thing when he's got a body of work of 50+ games over the last year, and if this is in terms of questioning whether he "steps up" in the big time moments, well he's already shown he can when he, along with Dragic, carried Slovenia to gold in EuroBasket. Obviously not a good look, but don't think this has any barring on his stock.

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok now I remember. But I don't really see how that would hurt him by doing so. Though I don't see him as a player who will raise his stock much anyway in a year or 2. I think he makes some NBA roster when the time comes.

Being a UNC fan, I can tell you flat out that Luke Maye isn't an NBA player. He's a 6'6" power forward. He's exceptionally limited moving side to side so he can't cover wings. He's got no wingspan to speak of and struggles with length so he can't play the 4 in the NBA. He legitimately has no NBA future. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Being a UNC fan, I can tell you flat out that Luke Maye isn't an NBA player. He's a 6'6" power forward. He's exceptionally limited moving side to side so he can't cover wings. He's got no wingspan to speak of and struggles with length so he can't play the 4 in the NBA. He legitimately has no NBA future. 

Wow, I though he was around 6'8. Thinking a spot up shooter for a team like Houston.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Wow, I though he was around 6'8. Thinking a spot up shooter for a team like Houston.

Yeah, he's not big. Legitimately, the only thing he has going for him is his 3pt shooting. Other than that, he's really not a good pro prospect due to severe athletic and size limitations. He also can't handle the rock at all. So, playing him on the wing or in the paint in the NBA is suicide lol. 

I love UNC and I love what Luke has done for us but he's a college player all the way.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, he's not big. Legitimately, the only thing he has going for him is his 3pt shooting. Other than that, he's really not a good pro prospect due to severe athletic and size limitations. He also can't handle the rock at all. So, playing him on the wing or in the paint in the NBA is suicide lol. 

I love UNC and I love what Luke has done for us but he's a college player all the way.

well, you may be right, but I have seen worse players drafted.

Archived