2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think he has but I don’t think a lot of players have decalred for the draft yet.

Most players have declared by now, not signed an agent, but at least expressed their intention to be in combine and what not. Still a lot of time though. I expect Wagner to declare and then return unless he hears solid 1st round feedback.

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Most players have declared by now, not signed an agent, but at least expressed their intention to be in combine and what not. Still a lot of time though. I expect Wagner to declare and then return unless he hears solid 1st round feedback.

Me too. I would take him in round 1 if I was selecting in the teens or 20s. I understand he’s not the most athletic guy and needs to get stronger, but his stretch 4/5 ability and offensive moves in the low post are unmatched in this draft I believe. He’ll be such a huge match up nightmare for most teams night in, night out.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Wagner goes because his stock can't get much higher unless he turns into Frank Kaminsky in his senior year.

Steve Kyler compared Mikal Bridges to Khris Middleton. That's actually not all that inaccurate. The main differences are that Mikal's a better athlete and he plays more within the team construct than Middleton. Before the hamstring blow out, Middleton was a really good defender too so let's not forget that. He's just not what he once was on that end due to that.

2 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

Who should the Lakers take with the Cavs pick? Any 5s that can have potential on defense and play the PnR or am I dreaming?

Not a lot of quality bigs in this draft beyond the lottery tbh. Brandon McCoy is someone who could be in that range but he's not really a PnR or defensive big. He's a back to the basket, big body type.

Maybe Chimezie Metu? Austin Wiley if he stays in but he's more in the McCoy mold. Also depends on what you consider Mo Wagner but he's not in the draft yet.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:18 PM, bkobow05 said:

Watching him in Europe so far, I must say, this guy is something special.

He plays with ease and maturity, and he's one of those guys who you recognize as something else just from the way he's dribbling the ball up the court and moving his body.

He was unreal in the Euros last season too. Dominated veteran teams like it was nothing.

This guy won't be a bust.

Really happy he's in. He's a great PnR ballhandler, lefty, can spot up or pull up off the dribble. He's not overly explosive but his hesitation dribble is excellent so it makes him deceptively quick to the basket where he's a good finisher with soft touch. Really like this kid. Someone picking late 1st is going to get a steal and a half if he stays in. Could see him going as high as 20 to...you guessed it...the Spurs.

I think a lot of you guys will like him if you watch him.

EDIT - He actually kind of reminds me of a left handed Damian Lillard offensively. He's got some defensive ability but I question how well it will translate.

Archived