Saints Sign Derek Carr (4 Years 150m)

goldfishwars

Badass. He has no bearing on bears trading down so I’m all for it. I’m also a fan of Carr in general and think he’s spent a lot of his career as a scapegoat despite lackluster defenses and other factors. Should have decent success in NO with some pieces already in place for him. 

• Like 4

So he visits NO, goes back without a trade offer and immediately demands his release from LV. Seems like it wasn’t his idea. Maybe they should investigate them for tampering and forfeit the 10th pick in the draft 

• Like 1

I don’t love it, I don’t hate it…Depending on the contract. We should be favorites to win the NFC South now. Carr gets a talented OL, some quality pieces on offense, and a good defense to work with while playing in a dome.  If we go all in on winning now and trade up a few picks to draft a guy like Bijan Robinson, I certainly would be pretty happy about that going forward.

Edited by tyler735

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don’t love it, I don’t hate it…Depending on the contract. We should be favorites to win the NFC South now. Carr gets a talented OL, some quality pieces on offense, and a good defense to work with while playing in a dome.  If we go all in on winning now and trade up a few picks to draft a guy like Bijan Robinson, I certainly would be pretty happy about that going forward.

People hyping Carr up as some wronged QB who had nothing to do with the Raiders lack of success are out to lunch, but DC is an upgrade over Dalton/Winston/Hill etc. He has always had the ability, Carr's shortcomings are 100% mental. He is the worst, and I say the worst, QB at extending plays and sensing pressure. If the OL falls apart so will he. As soon as he gets hit he goes into super conservative, get the ball out on 0.5 mode for the rest of the night. 

However if he is kept clean he will thrive in a Dome. I have always said he would do well in NO. This is a good signing for you guys imo.

• Like 4

This is the safe bet for him. That division is hot garbage and if you are competent at all you can win the division. Path of least resistance and nobody is going to blame him if they don't do anything in the playoffs. 

Also with the potential that Rodgers/Lamar might be up for grabs and Jimmy G as a fallback if everything else fails... smart to just go with the team that will take you now.