Saints Sign Derek Carr (4 Years 150m)

goldfishwars

I think this is relatively underrated move - Saints have a solid OL, a good WR unit (which gets better if Michael Thomas ever gets his ankle in order) and a multi threat RB in Alvin Kamara to help with the load. The defense is lined up pretty well as well, so that’s another 

Carr doesn’t have to be a savior or a workhorse, he just has to manage the offense  and not put the defense in bad spots - if he does that successfully, he’ll get a home playoff game. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Badass. He has no bearing on bears trading down so I’m all for it. I’m also a fan of Carr in general and think he’s spent his entire career as a scapegoat despite lackluster defenses and other factors. Should have decent success in NO with some pieces already in place for him. 

FIFY. 

If he signs, I hope the Saints at least try to do right by him, unlike the Raiders. 

One of the bigger wastes of talent in recent memory at QB. He should have kicked the Raiders to the curb years ago for the clown show chaos the organization has been. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Derek Carr...Don't worry i'll be able to rectuit guys to my new team

Derek Carr after he signs.  Wait, all we can offer is the veteran minimum.  Who are these WR on the roster i have to throw to

Chris Olave, Michael Thomas and Rahid Shaheed? He'll be just fine. Mickey Loomis manages the cap extremely well, if they want to bring in another target for Carr they'll have no problem doing so.

You really think after like 8 years of people saying the Saints are in cap hell and won't be able to sign anyone and then being utterly confused when the Saints get over the cap and sign people that you guys would realize it's not hard to manipulate cap space.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am verrrrry interested in seeing how his contract is broken down over the 4 years. If it's anything similar to what they would have had to pay if trading for him I'm going to be pissed and blame tampering lol.

Blame Davis. He advertised Carr"s inevitable FA availability. 

Shrewd move by New Orleans, if anything. "We'll take your QB, and give you jack in return for being bad at your job". 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Chris Olave, Michael Thomas and Rahid Shaheed? He'll be just fine. Mickey Loomis manages the cap extremely well, if they want to bring in another target for Carr they'll have no problem doing so.

You really think after like 8 years of people saying the Saints are in cap hell and won't be able to sign anyone and then being utterly confused when the Saints get over the cap and sign people that you guys would realize it's not hard to manipulate cap space.

Michael Thomas is a corpse. 

I don't even know who your starting DL is going to be if you just priced yourself out of your own FAs like Davenport, Tuttle, and Onyematta. At some point you gotta pay the bills. Can't wait to see the cap gymnastics agai.

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Derek Carr...Don't worry i'll be able to rectuit guys to my new team

Derek Carr after he signs.  Wait, all we can offer is the veteran minimum.  Who are these WR on the roster i have to throw to

No money for free agents left but that’s avoiding the real issue to attracting anyone which is that the team now has Derek Carr as a QB…

3 minutes ago, Kingram said:

I don't think they'll be able to afford thomas with the 35 mill Carr wants.  Even if they can, he'll play 3-4 games before getting hurt again so it's Olave and a guy who caught 28 passes in his career.  Got it

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Michael Thomas is a corpse. 

I don't even know who your starting DL is going to be if you just priced yourself out of your own FAs like Davenport, Tuttle, and Onyematta. At some point you gotta pay the bills. Can't wait to see the cap gymnastics agai.

Michael Thomas turned 30 3 days ago lol. He isn't a corpse, just hasn't been healthy. Even without him the receiving core is more than fine. Tuttle is JAG so I couldn't care less if we lose him. Onyemata has made it pretty clear he wants to stay here. Davenport has done nothing, but would like to keep him at a reasonable price. They do cap gymnastics every year, we just get interest free loans. 

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

No money for free agents left but that’s avoiding the real issue to attracting anyone which is that the team now has Derek Carr as a QB…

They can create money for free agents easily if they want to. Players like Derek Carr, regardless of what fans think.