2023 NFL offseason

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Also, the eagles submitted a proposal for players to be able to wear #0 and having the option to run a 4th and 20 as opposed to an onside kick 

Chargers proposal as well

Come on Chargers. The Jaguars didn't win that game because it was in Jacksonville.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

He's willingly going back to a team that benched him and where he won't get to start barring injury? That's surprising

It is, but he did have a broken back when they benched him. 

2 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Jimmy ward to the Texans

That was pretty much expected, would have really liked him back for his 10th year.

Wards career started out rough and as soon as he started stringing together healthy seasons, he was a very dependable and I thought he would be a main stay here

• Like 1

So the Jimmy G era is over. I won't cry (maybe later today?), but I've been higher on him than some of my fellow Niners-tribe members. Obviously he had his drawbacks on the field with the injuries, spotty arm-talent, but despite this he did help pull the franchise out of a period where the games were borderline-unwatchable at times. Even after Shanahan's arrival, it was obvious that he needed a triggerman to meet a certain threshold of competency that other guys like Hoyer, Beathard, or Mullens just couldn't provide. I'll never forget those first few starts when Jimmy was inserted on a 2 week piece-meal offense, and lead a 1-10 team to 5 straight wins. Before his ACL injury, he really looked like the next top gun for the red, and gold. That was an exciting time, and there were many more fun times ahead like the SB season of course. Folks I'm sure will forever focus on the the negatives like the injuries, the Sanders over-throw, the middle linebacker interceptions, and whatever. But regardless he got a lot farther than better quarterbacks on great teams ever did. And his constant professionalism was also a hallmark to his character I wish every future 49er could brandish. Even at the most awkward, dark times surrounding his production or future, he just seemingly keep marching on with a smile. I'll miss that sexy pretty-face ace. And I won't be surprised if the Raiders win with him for a while. 

Anyway, eulogy over. Overall, it was a fun, albeit at times frustrating ride. At least Rita is unshackled from the drawing table. She seemed happy regarding the journey. :)

• Like 2