Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Wait... I feel like I spent all offseason in the Ravens forum stating that everyone should calm down, ignore the noise, that Lamar was going to end up in Baltimore long term; that they Ravens may actually use the exclusive tag to force some action, but it. These are all things I said right? To a LOT of pushback from you and others. 

Now that everyone is prematurely conceding that is going to happen, I'm still on the wrong side somehow?

Must be nice when you never make any verifiable predictions... Just keep saying vague things like someone is being unreasonable. Because you can always tell a story to an adjective.

Na. Not really. Was also more referring to DB, but you definitely fit the bill on a lot of it come to think of it. You did do a lot of whining any time someone said Lamar was asking for way too much, prob asking for fully guaranteed, and no one else would pay it just like we wouldn’t. If the shoe fits! But tell yourself whatever you gotta tell yourself to cope! I’m here for you. You don’t have to grandstand in here, you know inside how things have gone down!

Edited by Ray Reed

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

he's after a fully guaranteed contract larger than Watson's. It's been that way since last year.

Since Lamar has no agent, where are you getting that information? Can you provide article where "Lamar" stated such? I'm 1 billion percent positive that you can't. All this talk of what Lamar wants is speculation. Contracts are more than just guaranteed money. I have no inside source but I prefer to hear what LJ says rather than baseless speculation.

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Since Lamar has no agent, where are you getting that information? Can you provide article where "Lamar" stated such? I'm 1 billion percent positive that you can't. All this talk of what Lamar wants is speculation. Contracts are more than just guaranteed money. I have no inside source but I prefer to hear what LJ says rather than baseless speculation.

Nobody can provide an article either way because EDC has literally stated that he and Lamar agreed to not go public with any details last year.

But where there's enough smoke, there's fire. Lamar wants fully GTD.

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Na. Not really. 

I didn't say that Lamar was going to be in Baltimore long term all offseason?

I didn't say the team could use the non-exclusive tag to force the action?

Cuz I did. I'm not celebrating yet, either.

Those are actual claims. The "unreasonable" claim is what you are throwing yourself a party over. Congrats on that "prediction".

Edited by wackywabbit

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nobody can provide an article either way because EDC has literally stated that he and Lamar agreed to not go public with any details last year.

But where there's enough smoke, there's fire. Lamar wants fully GTD.

Given what he turned down 12 months ago I think it’s fair to say even conservatively $200 million guaranteed since he rejected more than what Kyler got. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

So... like don't even check? Are they not paid enough for due diligence? 

Not my point to suggest a team will wait, even until after the draft, let alone free agency. I'm suggesting they may not be open and transparent about their interest the first 2 hours that this guy is eligible to talk to teams.

There's nothing to check... 

1. Nobody is offering him the over 200 million fully guaranteed contract he wants. 

2. All the teams know that if they can talk him down from that ledge, they just did the Ravens negotiations for them and the Ravens will match 

It's a giant waste of time. It's not due diligence. The price is a non starter and anything less is just doing the Ravens a solid by proving to Lamar that he isn't getting what he's asking. If you know that you won't give up enough to get the deal done, it's pointless. Especially since the draft picks involved also means that teams are going to think they should get a discount, not pay more. 

• Like 3

Reasons other than collusion that teams might want no part of this. 

-a lot of coaches are stubborn and obsessed with their systems and don’t want to change their offense 

-he seems like he’s impossible to reason with and highly sensitive(I.e. that tweet no one cared about at the same time Zach Wilson was being crucified just for not being bullied into saying “I’m accountable.”)

-they don’t want to deal with his mother and they don’t take anyone seriously as an adult who brings his mommy to his business dealings. And how is that going to work when you need to restructure to free up cap space.

-a lot of people believe he refused to play in a playoff game over his contract 

-he gets injured and he wants a fully guaranteed contract 

-a lot of the teams that need QBs have high draft picks and think they can get a franchise QB at a fraction of the price 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I didn't say that Lamar was going to be in Baltimore long term all offseason?

I didn't say the team could use the non-exclusive tag to force the action?

Pretty much everyone said this dude, lmao, including me who said we’d use it to show Lamar he isn’t worth what he’s demanding from us.

Was more so referencing you getting butthurt and trying to shutdown conversation every time someone brought up how Lamar was prob being the difficult one in negotiations, wasn’t compromising, asking for too much, etc.

Youre a self admitted Lamar stan. Embrace it. Don’t play coy now brother, you were full tilt “shut down any negative conversation surrounding Lamar” for the last few months…keep it rolling babe!

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Idk, we had multiple teams pursuing and making offers for Deshaun Watson but now you’re telling me none have any interest in Lamar? Maybe it’s not collusion but it is fishy.

You are missing the point. Yes multiple teams made offers to Watson. Only one team was willing to give a fully guaranteed deal at that massive number. The ones that weren't willing to do that for Watson are the ones that still aren't willing to do that for Lamar. The one team that was down to do that type of deal for a QB, already did it for Watson. 

Atlanta isn't doing that deal for Lamar when they already didn't do that for Watson. And frankly, it's looking like the Browns might try to restructure that contract because it looks bad after last season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Pretty much everyone said this dude, lmao, including me who said we’d use it to show Lamar he isn’t worth what he’s demanding from us.

Was more so referencing you getting butthurt and trying to shutdown conversation every time someone brought up how Lamar was prob being the difficult one in negotiations, wasn’t compromising, asking for too much, etc.

Youre a self admitted Lamar stan. Embrace it. Don’t play coy now brother, you were full tilt “shut down any negative conversation surrounding Lamar” for the last few months…keep it rolling babe!

It's just weird that you are celebrating yourself so much for when nothing happened. I guess that matches your predictions of nothing.

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

It's just weird that you are celebrating yourself so much for when nothing happened. I guess that matches your predictions of nothing.

Na. Proves my point i’ve been saying for months that Lamar was demanding way more $ and a giant guaranteed deal that no one else on the open market would match, and that he was being difficult and was the one refusing to compromise - something that you spent weeks and weeks getting butthurt over and trying to rationalize that tHeReS nO wAy tO pRoVe tHat, sTop sLanDeRing LaMar

Think this has been a pretty good indicator that that was indeed the case, bud. 

Don’t take it too hard

Edited by Ray Reed

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Na. Proves my point that Lamar was demanding way more $ and giant guaranteed deal that no one else would match, that you spent weeks and weeks getting butthurt over and trying to rationalize that tHeReS nO wAy tO pRoVe tHat, sTop sLanDeRing LaMar

I don't think we agree on what proof is.

• Like 1