Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:
12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Local insider has said same thing about Lamar’s commitment to a pro-level physical routine the past year or so. Almost like it’s not a coincidence the guy misses more practices for “non-covid illness” than any player i’ve ever seen lol

Expand  

Sleep habits and nutrition combined together = he likes to stay out late and party right?

That's how I read it, with that blanket "also wonder" tag. ****ty by Mortenson to imply that during a negotiation, no matter how silly, without actually standing by any specific claim.

43 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Listen, when an MVP QB in his prime is available you just gotta move forward with Jacoby Brissett and Sam Howell without ever even trying to acquire him.

He hasn’t been that guy in 4 years. Or come close to being that guy. 

44 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Listen, when an MVP QB in his prime is available you just gotta move forward with Jacoby Brissett and Sam Howell without ever even trying to acquire him.

True, but running backs are a dime a dozen, or so I've heard.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think he was doing all he can to prevent injury so he can get paid, including limiting practices. And also missing that playoff game. Could have taken shots to reduce the swelling snd toughed it out to try to get a ring, but the re-injury risk was high. It’s all about the payday for him. 

Sick practices go back to 2019/2020/2021…i think he’s legit just sick all the time haha

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Almost like we have enough RBs on the roster already. 

I know players are trying their hands at different positions, Zeke Elliott at Center, Taysom Hill at QB, Kendall Hinton at QB, but people gotta get realistic about what they really are. Jackson is a RB who can throw trying to get teams to commit unfathomable guaranteed dollars. 

Good luck to whatever team ends up with him. Maybe we will look back on this situation and Lamar ends up being a HoFer. More likely that he will see the field less and less going forward and a team will have buyers remorse. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If I'm the Jets, I would be completely fine with Rodgers throwing a tantrum. 

Why would the Jets want to do that? So they can go back to Zach Wilson and a Furious Fan base after they eventually get neither QB? Yeah 👌

1 hour ago, Soko said:

So you believe that owners are totally fine with putting $250M in escrow to give to Lamar (money they will never see again), but are absolutely against putting $250M in escrow for an offer (that they would have 100% returned if the Ravens match)? Again, that makes no sense at all, lol. 

Over a quarter billion dollars is a ton of money to put into escrow for a deal that isn't even guaranteed to go through. Even the most cash rich owners in the league would have to move assets around to get a deal like that done, I don't think you can even entertain doing it unless Lamar is a done deal to play for you.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but he's old, he's declining, and he's a douchebag.  

He still produced at a top 10 level last year despite a young WR group (not that talented either) while he was dealing with a thumb injury. Are we going to ignore the fact that he's a year removed from back to back MVP seasons? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He still produced at a top 10 level last year despite a young WR group (not that talented either) while he was dealing with a thumb injury. Are we going to ignore the fact that he's a year removed from back to back MVP seasons? 

Lamar has won a MVP too. He's also way younger.  The Jets with Rodgers aren't going to win a SB this year.  The Jets with Lamar can keep building and may be a contender sometime over the next 5 years. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Lamar has won a MVP too. He's also way younger.  The Jets with Rodgers aren't going to win a SB this year.  The Jets with Lamar can keep building and may be a contender sometime over the next 5 years. 

Lamar's three years removed from winning MVP and has gotten worse each year since he won it. Rodgers is a year removed from winning back to back MVPs and he has been the most productive QB in the league over the last three seasons. I think Rodgers definitely gives them a much better chance at competing for a Super Bowl next year than Lamar does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar's three years removed from winning MVP and has gotten worse each year since he won it. Rodgers is a year removed from winning back to back MVPs and he has been the most productive QB in the league over the last three seasons. I think Rodgers definitely gives them a much better chance at competing for a Super Bowl next year than Lamar does. 

I completely disagree.