Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Soko said:

Do you have a source for that?

Not wanting to do something financially is vastly different from not being physically able to, so that’d be news to me. Like, ATL/CAR not wanting to give Watson that deal doesn’t mean the owners literally couldn’t afford it. 

If there was another $250M quarterback on the market that they’d be missing out on by tying up dollars, you’d have a fantastic point. But there isn’t one, AFAIK. Baltimore has already made it pretty clear that they aren’t matching that, so it’s quite far from the uncertainty that you’re pretending it is. 

I never said that they couldn't afford to do it, they clearly just weren't prepared to do it on a whim or else they would've landed him. 

Again I don't even care what player it is, I don't think most owners want to put 5-10% of their entire net worth and more than what they're set to pay their entire roster COMBINED into escrow for a hypothetical contract that may or may not come to fruition. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I disagree with your opinion.

If you're comparing Rodgers/Lamar over the last three seasons based on production, individual achievements, and team success the numbers don't like, Rodgers has been significantly better. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If you're comparing Rodgers/Lamar over the last three seasons based on production, individual achievements, and team success the numbers don't like, Rodgers has been significantly better. 

Congrats on moving the goal post.  I don’t care what Rodgers did 2-3 years ago. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Congrats on moving the goal post.  I don’t care what Rodgers did 2-3 years ago. 

Rodgers was better than Lamar last year, the year before, and the year before that. If you're going to say that Rodgers will fall off because everyone does at age 40 not named TB12, you also can't ignore that Cam Newton / Lamar's careers share parallels. Cam won MVP, regressed the next three years and then completely fell off to being a borderline non-rosterable player. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Rodgers was better than Lamar last year, the year before, and the year before that. If you're going to say that Rodgers will fall off because everyone does at age 40 not named TB12, you also can't ignore that Cam Newton / Lamar's careers share parallels. Cam won MVP, regressed the next three years and then completely fell off to being a borderline non-rosterable player. 

I don’t care 

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

"Yes I'd love to trade multiple first round picks and hand out a market setting contract for a run-first QB in decline who chose not to show up for his teams' ******* playoff game!"

-No GM ever

I feel bad for fans of the teams that end up with both Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson TBH

I won't feel bad for the Packers when they trade Rodgers and end up in QB purgatory for the next 20 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never said that they couldn't afford to do it, they clearly just weren't prepared to do it on a whim or else they would've landed him. 

Well yeah, you said they were unable to. They weren’t unable, just unwilling. Not wanting to give a guy a record breaking deal = / = being unable to. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even the Falcon / Panthers ownership groups were unable to commit $250M into escrow on a whim for Watson after months of negotiating with him. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Again I don't even care what player it is, I don't think most owners want to put 5-10% of their entire net worth and more than what they're set to pay their entire roster COMBINED into escrow for a hypothetical contract that may or may not come to fruition. 

There it is again, lol.

Money that they’ll 100% recoup if Baltimore matches*

Money that they’d lose 100% of if Baltimore didn’t match (which is what they’d actually want to happen)**

Money that Baltimore has already made it extremely clear they will not be matching***

If you’re interested in Lamar, in any fashion, you already know that that money’s going to be, at best, tied up for 5 days, and at worst allocated for Lamar for the next 4-6 years. RFA, UFA  tag, no tag, every which way you want to cut it. 

Let’s just clarify something: you believe that Baltimore’s going to get more than 2 FRPs in a trade for Lamar + Lamar’s going to get his mega deal from the new team, and the team’s going to be okay with paying more than the tag designates because…they don’t want to deal with Baltimore matching, when the latter’s already indicated that they’re not paying him such deal?

More than 20 pages in 7 hours?!? From 52 to 73 as I post. Ravens really know what they are doing and if I actually wanted Lamar I'd put my offer AFTER the draft and just sign him and let Ravens get 24 and 25 1sts. Honestly this is fun to watch because I think the contracts have gotten way out of hand. Good to see a team have a plan and not wavier. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t care 

Has Rodgers declined from his physical peak? Of course, nobody is denying that but Rodgers at 80% of his peak is still better than 90% of the QBs who have ever played

The guy was gifted with an almost super natural arm, he could be 50 years old and still make throws Lamar would never be able to make.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t care 

Yeah, it's obvious you just hate Rodgers and are arguing in bad faith.

If you wouldn't want to trade for Rodgers because of his age? Fine. But he's been better than Lamar in recent years. Plus, Lamar's game is unlikely to age well unless he vastly improves as a passer.

• Like 2