Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, warfelg said:

Only way Lamar can take less and save face IMO is to end up somewhere else for less and say something about feeling wanted and supported, willing to take less for a more complete offense, yada yada yada. 

If he takes less the Ravens just match

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watson at his peak was unanimous MVP?

Well, I'm not sure one season can equal a peak. Remove that and he is at 65 TD and 32 interceptions. Or about 20 TD and 10 INT per season. Okayish including his rushing stats but runners don't get paid, passers do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, I'm not sure one season can equal a peak. Remove that and he is at 65 TD and 32 interceptions. Or about 20 TD and 10 INT per season. Okayish including his rushing stats but runners don't get paid, passers do.

If you remove Watson's best statistical season (2020, when he went 4-12), he averages:

19.5 TDs per season
8.5 INTs per season

Not sure what you are trying to prove using these numbers and deleting the best season, because Watson is thoroughly mediocre using the same criteria. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

You really want to play that game as a defense for the Stupidity of the Browns Organization giving Watson that contract and Lamar not getting paid?

Take away Watsons best season and you're  left with 78 TD and 34 Ints over 5 years passing.

In other words. Highest guaranteed contract in NFL history for...

2160 yds 16TD, 7Int

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you remove Watson's best statistical season (2020, when he went 4-12), he averages:

19.5 TDs per season
8.5 INTs per season

Not sure what you are trying to prove using these numbers and deleting the best season, because Watson is thoroughly mediocre using the same criteria. 

26 and 11.

I just rounded games started to the nearest season. If you want me to do it your way with Lamar he would be at 16 and 8.

Lamar has one (barely) 3000 yard passing season. Averages a yard less per pass over their careers. Averages 174 passing yards per game compared to 261 for Watson (who didn't deserve what he got).

Lamar is a mediocre quarterback who is still living off of one season. 125 total TDs (passing and rushing) 38 picks, 42 fumbles. Watson's total TDs aren't that much higher (129) (41 int 31 fumbles) but he has played in and started fewer games.

Neither are top 5 QBs but Lamar isn't top 10. He doesn't deserve paid greater than anyone considering he isn't in the same class as Watson let alone the top 5 guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You really want to play that game as a defense for the Stupidity of the Browns Organization giving Watson that contract and Lamar not getting paid?

Take away Watsons best season and you're  left with 78 TD and 34 Ints over 5 years passing.

In other words. Highest guaranteed contract in NFL history for...

2160 yds 16TD, 7Int

I wouldn't have touched Watson with him earning a minimum salary for off the field reasons. He was way overpaid. He is still better than Lamar who wants overpaid more than another guy who was overpaid. That isn't fair to his team nor does any other team have interest in giving that up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't have touched Watson with him earning a minimum salary for off the field reasons. He was way overpaid. He is still better than Lamar who wants overpaid more than another guy who was overpaid. That isn't fair to his team nor does any other team have interest in giving that up.

You posted stats for Lamar that Watson himself doesn't even eclipse? Assuming you still want to take away each players best season?

How is he better? I'd love to know what Lamar could of done "Passing" if he had DHop in his prime as his #1 WR. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are we pretending Lamar has ever had a WR to throw to outside the numbers?

I was told repeatedly how good Hollywood Brown was until you all traded him, ironically.

I suppose that’s why he struggled at Louisville per the scouting report coming out as well.