Bears Trade 1.1 to Panthers

CBears019

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Outstanding haul. You guys should really send Lovie Smith a thank you card and gift package.

Now I'm not saying to build him a statue but I'm totally cool with him getting a plaque and being photoshopped I to the 2023 team photo. Lol

• Like 2

This trade is a moment of sadness for the simple fact that the bears were the main topic of discussion for months (after the Texans lost) for the first time since I guess the 2007 super bowl. Now the spotlight flips to Carolina, Aaron Rodgers, and free agency. 

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

This trade is a moment of sadness for the simple fact that the bears were the main topic of discussion for months (after the Texans lost) for the first time since I guess the 2007 super bowl. Now the spotlight flips to Carolina, Aaron Rodgers, and free agency. 

I think the splash the Bears just made will keep them in the spotlight for all off-season. Above and beyond that, I'm genuinely more optimistic about the Bears long term than I can remember other than after the 06 season or MAYBE right after the Cutler trade.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

Wandered over to the GB forum and found out that Fields is still the worst QB ever and DJ Moore is a borderline top 25 WR who makes 25 mil per year. We got fleeced fellas. 

Let them have their fun.....

53 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

Wandered over to the GB forum and found out that Fields is still the worst QB ever and DJ Moore is a borderline top 25 WR who makes 25 mil per year. We got fleeced fellas. 

1) He obviously isn’t.

2) He’ll cost us $8M per year less than that.

😂🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

I first heard this on ESPN radio going to my parents house.  I thought it was a hypothetical at first.  It sounded like it actually happened.  I flipped it over to Sirius NFL radio, I saw 'Bears-Panthers trade' but they were talking to the Oklahoma RB.  When I got to my parents house I immediately looked at my phone and there it was.  I was very excited. It sucks we likely won't get Anderson, but at 9 we can go with a pass rusher, OT, even WR.  JSN reuniting with Fields, would that be similar to Burrow and Chase in Cincy?  2 first rounders next year, that can't be any worse than the last time we had 2 first rounders(Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman)    Yes, like everyone else I wish we got pick 39 instead of 61, but I'm very happy with the haul we got today.

3 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I first heard this on ESPN radio going to my parents house.  I thought it was a hypothetical at first.  It sounded like it actually happened.  I flipped it over to Sirius NFL radio, I saw 'Bears-Panthers trade' but they were talking to the Oklahoma RB.  When I got to my parents house I immediately looked at my phone and there it was.  I was very excited. It sucks we likely won't get Anderson, but at 9 we can go with a pass rusher, OT, even WR.  JSN reuniting with Fields, would that be similar to Burrow and Chase in Cincy?  2 first rounders next year, that can't be any worse than the last time we had 2 first rounders(Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman)    Yes, like everyone else I wish we got pick 39 instead of 61, but I'm very happy with the haul we got today.

I think Fields and JSN had very little overlap at OSU, so not quite the same as Burrows/Chase.  That said, I’d doubt that we go WR with our first pick after getting DJ. 

• Like 1

DJ Moore is so damn good.  I really feel like the best is yet to come with him and he will make that jump similar to what Stefon Diggs did.  Great guy too, you won't ever have to worry about any problems with him in the locker-room or off the field.  You all will love him.

• Like 5