Free Agency Rumors and Overreactions Thread: Day2 JB and a Penny

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hopefully this is the outside teams being disrespectful with offers and not Howie. Time to overreact  😂

Hope this is great sign for us and we get a deal

This guy is and always has been a clown - great player but man is he a diva. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

This tweet here is why im ok with going for it again next year.

NFC QB rooms are aysmal. Hurts is the best and way out in front of the pack right now.

I will give it to Dak due to longevity and overall QB skills. But Hurts is definitely up there and if he maintains his level or even gets better as a passer he will cement himself as #1. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I will give it to Dak due to longevity and overall QB skills. But Hurts is definitely up there and if he maintains his level or even gets better as a passer he will cement himself as #1. 

Hurts is the only QB you could send to the AFC and have even be in the top 5 discussion. If you did that with Dak he's just not a top 5 QB in the AFC.

Jackson, Herbert, Burrow, Mahomes and Allen are easily better than him.

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Dak has never had a year as good as Hurts just had. Dak has had stretches of play that was that good(6-8 games), but he has never had success in the playoffs either and he always regressed back to the norm.

Dak was the definition of mediocre last year. Anyone listing him over Hurts right now is crazy. I just can't see any argument that lists anyone but Hurts as the best QB in the NFC going forward. His offense is staying the exact same and it is loaded, he should only continue to improve in a number of areas, and his dual threat ability will always leave defenses frozen for him to take advantage. Even if Hurts did have a small regression next year he would still be the clear best QB in the NFC.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dak has never had a year as good as Hurts just had. Dak has had stretches of play that was that good(6-8 games), but he has never had success in the playoffs either and he always regressed back to the norm.

Dak was the definition of mediocre last year. Anyone listing him over Hurts right now is crazy. I just can't see any argument that lists anyone as Hurts but the best QB in the NFC going forward. His offense is staying the exact same and it is loaded, he should only continue to improve in a number of areas, and his dual threat ability will always leave defenses frozen for him to take advantage. Even if Hurts did have a small regression next year he would still be the clear best QB in the NFC.

I do agree that as of right now, that is the case. But when I rank players, I don't move players very high after one good year over stablished good veterans. I need to see them prove it was an anomaly, might not be, but we've seen it happen. 

Passing wise Dak is still far better and has put better seasons, Hurts looks promising as hell and I hope he becomes better, but he hasn't had the season as a passer that Dak has had. 

As I said, that's the way I rank players, but don't hate if people move players high after one good season. I just hope he isn't the second 2nd team all pro QB we have that fizzles. If he puts another dominant season, I fear for the integrity of my jorts for the foreseeable future. 

32 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This guy is and always has been a clown - great player but man is he a diva. 

For sure, don’t mind having a guy like that…especially a dback, but can be grating I imagine.

im glad Howie had a number for him and isn’t panicking. Like CJ a lot, but he’s not an all around foolproof player.

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I do agree that as of right now, that is the case. But when I rank players, I don't move players very high after one good year over stablished good veterans. I need to see them prove it was an anomaly, might not be, but we've seen it happen. 

Passing wise Dak is still far better and has put better seasons, Hurts looks promising as hell and I hope he becomes better, but he hasn't had the season as a passer that Dak has had. 

As I said, that's the way I rank players, but don't hate if people move players high after one good season. I just hope he isn't the second 2nd team all pro QB we have that fizzles. If he puts another dominant season, I fear for the integrity of my jorts for the foreseeable future. 

If your looking at longevity than Dak still has 0 shot at being the #1 QB in the NFC. Goff and Stafford have had better or equal years to Dak's best more times. There is no argument for Dak being the best QB in the NFC.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If your looking at longevity than Dak still has 0 shot at being the #1 QB in the NFC. Goff and Stafford have had better or equal years to Dak's best more times. There is no argument for Dak being the best QB in the NFC.

Yes but isn't Stafford's elbow shot or something? I seem to remember that his body was pretty much done but, may be wrong. But if he's as healthy going forward like in 2021 then sure, it is him.

As for Goff, I think he is too inconsistent to be placed #1. 

But yeah, Hurts is up there no doubt.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

This tweet here is why im ok with going for it again next year.

NFC QB rooms are aysmal. Hurts is the best and way out in front of the pack right now.

Maybe Justin Fields has a breakout year with added talent around him, but putting him at #2 is ludicrous and so is not having Dak in the top 5 of a weak group of QBs.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe Justin Fields has a breakout year with added talent around him, but putting him at #2 is ludicrous and so is not having Dak in the top 5 of a weak group of QBs.

I think that speaks more to how bad the QB situation is the NFC. A guy running around like his hair was on fire and whose team seriously considered moving on from him. Is one of the better options.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I think that speaks more to how bad the QB situation is the NFC. A guy running around like his hair was on fire and whose team seriously considered moving on from him. Is one of the better options.

Right now he’s not one of the better options though. He may have one of the higher upsides if he puts it together, but we still have to see it. For right now he probably would make the cut for top 10 NFC QB, but more at the backend.

As of right now I don’t think you can put him over Hurts, Murray, Prescott, Cousins, Goff, Stafford, Smith, or Carr.

Then I think you can start talking about Fields with like Daniel Jones and Brock Purdy. Just off last season both of them might be ahead of him depending who you ask.

Fields has the potential to shoot up NFC QB lists, but that’s more projection than ranking him honestly.  With that said, he didn’t exactly walk into a great situation with the Bears like Hurts did in Philly. Hopefully the Bears continue to add talent around him.

I'm a big fields believer but to put him as a top 5 qb in the nfc right now is pretty silly. in no order, hurts, goff, stafford, dak, cousins, carr, geno, are all better than him.

Dude's ceiling is higher than nearly all of them sans hurts.