The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Going to see the game in Philly on Saturday. Kinda bummed Waino got pushed back a game because that's why we decided on that game, but will be cool to see Liberatore pitch. Hoping to see one Pujols at bat but I think they have a righty going. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:22 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Tink Hence tonight...

3.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 walks, 0 runs, 8 strikeouts 

Heard a National MILB prospect well connected with Cardinals on radio talking about state of some of these guys. He said Hence is a favorite among scouts. Love his makeup and stuff. Just needs to add some weight to his frame.

Also talked up Graffeco. Said he's essentially ready to jump to MLB now and don't be surprised if he skips AAA to help big league club after AS break.

Most interesting thing is he said with guys like Walker, Wynn, Hence he said Cardinals could essentially trade for ANY player in MLB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder what it would take?

I mean it shouldn’t take a top prospect. Neither Nolan or Goldy took the top prospect to get them and they’re elite players. I like Montas and he’s who I hoped they would’ve traded for before the season but I don’t think he’s worth trading Walker away for. Not even close but he’d arguably be our best pitcher.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 7:04 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Most interesting thing is he said with guys like Walker, Wynn, Hence he said Cardinals could essentially trade for ANY player in MLB.

Probably so.  We're talking about a top 10 prospect, a top 50-75ish prospect, plus someone who will almost certainly be a top 100 prospect by the end of the season.  Problem is they're probably all on the untradeable list.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Probably more than what he's worth.

We got Goldy and Arenado without giving up a back breaking amount. A solid starter pushes us into another tier. It’s not like we don’t have the pieces to make a trade. I’d see what they say to a package centered around Liberatore(or Thompson) and Herrera.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:20 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

We got Goldy and Arenado without giving up a back breaking amount. A solid starter pushes us into another tier. It’s not like we don’t have the pieces to make a trade. I’d see what they say to a package centered around Liberatore(or Thompson) and Herrera.

We took on Arenado's contract, which was a HUGE reason why it didn't cost the Cardinals much in terms of prospects.  The Goldy trade was a bit more costly in terms of prospects.  Really don't think Ivan Herrera is available, since he's the C of the future.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?