The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d love Pallante as a middle innings, connector guy at this point in his career. He’s not ready to be a starter, though. 

They really need to get the BP straightened out. We have the arm talent. Just one of those things that I’m not really sure Oli know how to handle yet

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:21 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I really hope he’s back next year. He’s thrown some absolute gems that have amounted to no decisions and losses. He’ll have a better chance at more records next year too.

Me too!  It's so impressive how well he's still pitching, and he's obviously an incredible leader for the clubhouse.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Lot of talk that Burleson will be one of the trade chips we'll bargain with. They don't want to put him on the 40 man for that reason.

Interesting idea. 

I hope we can at least split these upcoming games against PHI and LAD, and then hopefully win the Reds series. We need some damage control going into the break.

I got to go to the game yesterday....first time since at least '19.  Was initially disappointed to see so many backups in the lineup, especially not seeing Goldy in the lineup.  But man, Albert had a great game.  I loved getting to see him hit another HR while I was there.  Exciting comeback win, too.  We obviously needed it.  I was cracking up at how the ump was having trouble hearing his headphones on the review because the crowd was screaming so loud after seeing the replay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d keep signing him to one year deals until he doesn’t want to come back honestly.

For sure!  I don't see why they wouldn't want that.  And I don't see him playing anywhere else.  Maybe ATL.

45 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Lot of talk that Burleson will be one of the trade chips we'll bargain with. They don't want to put him on the 40 man for that reason.

I hope not. With the long term status of Bader and O’Neil being up in the air, and the lack of outfield depth in our system, you kinda need to hang on to Burleson. Unless you’re convinced Jordan Walker’s future is in the Outfield. I think that’s the main reason Burleson hasn’t been added. They want him under team control for as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I hope not. With the long term status of Bader and O’Neil being up in the air, and the lack of outfield depth in our system, you kinda need to hang on to Burleson. Unless you’re convinced Jordan Walker’s future is in the Outfield. I think that’s the main reason Burleson hasn’t been added. They want him under team control for as long as possible. 

I think Walker is the starting LF in Memphis next year. I bet he starts seeing some OF time in Springfield soon. There’s no spot for him anywhere else and his bat is going to force the decision soon.

Its possible we’ll see Edman’s OF appearances go up in the future, especially if Winn keeps it up. 

17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

That's the thing though, I've heard a lot of people covering the minors saying that Burleson is a below average defender in the OF and will need to move to 1B in MLB. I've heard some of the Cardinals prospect reporters saying that the Cardinals view him as more of a DH option than anything. I don't think his future is in the corner OF spots.