Eagles to NOT release CB Darius Slay

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Well looks like Philly is gonna land either Witherspoon or Gonzales at #10.

yea that would make sense

my pipe dream is Gonzales to fall to the Bucs but thats never gona happen

i still think Philly takes Bijan , but a Corner would be the more logical move

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I really, really don't get this the more I look at it. The Eagles get a $22 million dead cap hit by releasing him and save only $3 million. You can't replace him for $3 million. And the release is apparently due to money, but he was due to make over $25 million this year, which is way more than just about any other CB in the NFL. Did he want a longer term deal again? Very confused.

Same. I don't know the structure of his current contract, but if he didn't have any guaranteed money past this season, then he could maybe want to secure the bag now. Take a pay cut this year for more long-term guarantees.

So if he was making $25 million this year but had nothing guaranteed after, then him finding a 3 year, $40 million guaranteed deal (not saying he'll get that, but just to throw a number out there) makes some sense.

Chris Paul did something similar a couple years ago. He was going into the last year of his deal, $44 million guaranteed. He turned it down and signed a 4 year, $120 million deal. Took a pay cut, but got more in the long-term.

21 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

my pipe dream is Gonzales to fall to the Bucs but thats never gona happen

i still think Philly takes Bijan , but a Corner would be the more logical move

Yeah video of Christian Gonzales stabbing his grandmother in the face the night of the draft still wouldn't get him falling to TB.

And you're crazy if you think PHI is taking Bijan. They are gonna go DL or CB at #10, especially if one of Gonzales/Witherspoon is there.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not sure who that is. Not saying you're wrong...just don't know of anyone playing well at that age off the top of my head. Jason McCourty is the only guy I thought of...and he was only decent in later years.

Terence Newman