Commanders sign QB Jacoby Brissett

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

CPOE ?????

17 dropped passses. what does that say ? no touch on short throws- rifles it in . bad receivers, both ?

CPOE means “completion percentage over expected.” The overall goal is to be able to take into account the fact that some QBs make a lot more difficult throws than others — and not overly reward guys who throw lots of easy passes or penalize guys who throw lots of tougher passes. 

Basically, what they do (and I have no idea how) is determine your “expected completion percentage” based on each of the passes you threw. They’re figuring out how often passes just like that one get completed by all QBs. So if it’s a two yard pass at the numbers (a dump-off to a TE or RB, basically), maybe that gets completed 90% of the time. And if it’s a 40-yard pass along the sideline, maybe that gets completed 30% of the time. They do that for each of your passes, and they come up with your “expected completion percentage” based on how often each of your passes would have been completed on average. 

They then compare your actual completion percentage to the expected completion percentage they calculated. So in this case, Brissett’s actual completion percentage (64.0%) was 2.3 points higher than his expected completion percentage based on the throws he was asked to make (61.7%).

Wentz, on the other hand, had an actual completion percentage (62.3%) that was 4.2 points lower than his expected completion percentage (66.7%). 

• Like 2

Might be the best signing they’ve had. We all know Ron knows there is no real competition. Same BS he’s fed the fan base before. If I was him, I’d be worried that Brissett legitimately beats Howell out in camp. Then we’ll have to see clueless Rob squirm at the podium trying to convince the media (and players) that Howell is “QB1”.

39 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Might be the best signing they’ve had. We all know Ron knows there is no real competition. Same BS he’s fed the fan base before. If I was him, I’d be worried that Brissett legitimately beats Howell out in camp. Then we’ll have to see clueless Rob squirm at the podium trying to convince the media (and players) that Howell is “QB1”.

If Brissett beats out Howell this is going to be a long, wasted season with no real kind of future in sight.