Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

On 7/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Why are rankings so low on Aaron Jones? Is it primarily Dillon scaring them away?

I don't know but I have him in a ton of BB leagues. Sanders and Connor are low too.

A few people im eyeing this year.

Russel Wilson Burned me last year but i feel like he has a great opportunity to outperform his draft position with the addition of Sean Payton and what should be an improved OL.

Javonte Williams havent checked ADP in awhile but if hes going later than he should because of his injury then hes another guy who could do really well even if its a slow burn for him in the beginning of the year. He was doing extremely well last year before he got hurt. A PPR monster.

Darren Waller Risky pick with his injury history but if he ended up finishing as TE1 at the end of the year i wouldnt be surprised what so ever. Hes also very clearly the #1 passing option for the Giants over other guys like Hock and Goedert and i also think hes going a round or 2 later than those guys.

Amari Cooper/ Elijah Moore Another year for No No Watson to improve. I also dont think this offense will be as run dominate as it was in the past. Cooper could finish as a top 10 WR at the end of the year and is going in the middle rounds last time i checked. Seems to be great value right there. I also just believe Elijah Moore is a good football player/ WR so where hes going he could be a pretty good WR2/3 with what i would assume to be a fairly safe floor every week with boom games in between and he finally has a decent QB throwing him the ball.

Justin Fields Was one of the guys who i thought of early on about a dude who would have a huge pop year and would be going later on in the draft but as soon as i started doing research it appears the rest of the ff community thinks the same thing and because of that hes going a little to early for my blood. Russ alteast has room to outperform his draft position where as Fields doesnt its already baked into his ADP it seems.

Bijan Robinson Love taking rookie RBs early in the draft (was all over Najee his rookie year) especially players of his caliber. More of a drafting philosophy of mine. Ive already seen a twatter clip of him running an absolutely disgusting route. I also dont think ATL will be as bad as some people think they will be, i think they vie for the division title.

Kyle Pitts I dont really wanna go down this route but again the talent is there to where he could be the best TE in football and fantasy and for a price at what i would assume be a lower than normal ADP it could and would be hard to pass on his upside. He also upset/ frustrated a lot of people last year so some peeps might be turned off.

Calvin Ridley I was hoping people kinda forgot about how good he was in ATL before the suspension but people who play more often than not are smart peeps so theyre aware of good he can be. He also brings something very unique to this JAX offense that other players on that roster dont and thats kind of a burner/ take the top off of the defense type of dude.

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea he has value there I would just think the WRs are pushed up in that format

Honestly…I don’t play in non-PPR leagues anymore. But I believe in Pollard. At worst they resign Elliott, when Pollard was still a top 10 RB last year. He could be an Ekeler like league breaking asset. I don’t think that you worry about format so much when you think someone could be that good. I think that format comes into play more when you are deciding between lower quality assets. For instance…I’m taking Brian Robinson over a comparable receiving RB in non-PPR. 

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Honestly…I don’t play in non-PPR leagues anymore. But I believe in Pollard. At worst they resign Elliott, when Pollard was still a top 10 RB last year. He could be an Ekeler like league breaking asset. I don’t think that you worry about format so much when you think someone could be that good. I think that format comes into play more when you are deciding between lower quality assets. For instance…I’m taking Brian Robinson over a comparable receiving RB in non-PPR. 

My home league for the last 13 years is still a non-ppr league which is why I always make sure to specify it in my questions. 

I'm fine with the format but because almost all podcasts and whatnot use PPR or 0.5 PPR, I wish we'd change. 

So is Pollard at 15 overall in non-ppr a good pick or is that a reach? I'm concerned with JT and Jacobs holding out and I likely need to get at least 1 RB in the first 2 rounds(picking 10 so R2 is 15)

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

My home league for the last 13 years is still a non-ppr league which is why I always make sure to specify it in my questions. 

I'm fine with the format but because almost all podcasts and whatnot use PPR or 0.5 PPR, I wish we'd change. 

So is Pollard at 15 overall in non-ppr a good pick or is that a reach? I'm concerned with JT and Jacobs holding out and I likely need to get at least 1 RB in the first 2 rounds(picking 10 so R2 is 15)

I think if Pollard lasts to 15, you would be getting value. Pollard was a top 6 RB last year as the #2 part of the year and he missed a game and barley played week 17.  I wouldn't be shocked if someone took him at 10 I wouldn't be mad at it.  He is 12 on most non-ppr rankings I have seen so I would have a backup plan if your thoughts are to grab him at 15. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think if Pollard lasts to 15, you would be getting value. Pollard was a top 6 RB last year as the #2 part of the year and he missed a game and barley played week 17.  I wouldn't be shocked if someone took him at 10 I wouldn't be mad at it.  He is 12 on most non-ppr rankings I have seen so I would have a backup plan if your thoughts are to grab him at 15. 

So we draft on ESPN and his ADP there as of today is actually 21 which feels low