GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

I read 161 went to Indianapolis for CB Stephon Gilmore

The fifth-rounder that Dallas sent to Indianapolis (176 overall) was actually the lower of their two fifth-round compensatory picks. They sent the 161st overall pick to Houston (plus a 2024 sixth-rounder as noted) and that was actually their own original fifth-round selection which leaves them with 169 overall, the higher of their two comp picks.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

The fifth-rounder that Dallas sent to Indianapolis (176 overall) was actually the lower of their two fifth-round compensatory picks. They sent the 161st overall pick to Houston (plus a 2024 sixth-rounder as noted) and that was actually their own original fifth-round selection which leaves them with 169 overall, the higher of their two comp picks.

Okay. I got confused then by the fact the board listed Dallas at 5.4. Which I guess should’ve never happened.

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

so who should have 5.4 then?

It is 5.2 that is forfeited.

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

no one, Houston was stripped of the pick

That is why I am seeing also.  That pick has been forfeited by the Texans.

5 Houston Texans

Selection forfeited[Forfeit 2]

1.  Houston forfeited its fifth-round selection as punishment for a salary cap reporting violation.[11]
Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Let me know since I've been trading away 5th round picks as Colts GM, so the other team gets the appropriate pick.

Trades:

162nd overall pick (via BUF) to the Arizona Cardinals for TE Zach Ertz

176th overall pick (DAL, comp pick) to the Pittsburgh Steelers for CB Akhello Witherspoon and 234th overall pick (PIT)

Edited by eaglesfan0075

19 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Let me know since I've been trading away 5th round picks as Colts GM, so the other team gets the appropriate pick.

Trades:

162nd overall pick (via BUF) to the Arizona Cardinals for TE Zach Ertz

176th overall pick (DAL, comp pick) to the Pittsburgh Steelers for CB Akhello Witherspoon and 234th overall pick (PIT)

Yours are good.

My 5 Favorite 1st Round Picks

5. Deonte Banks Vikings

Banks is dangerously close to being my CB 3 in this class. It was the one player I cursed who went off the board before 30 and a tremendous fit and need for the Vikings.

4. Brian Branch Chargers

The best Safety in the class to a team with a dire need at great value. What a duo him and Derwin could be.

3. Devon Witherspoon Steelers

My CB 1A falling right in their lap in a slight trade up. Witherspoon just screams Steeler. Absolutely love this pick for them

2. Jaxon Smith Nijgba Packers

The real Packers would never...... But JSN is the exact WR Love needs to be successful. Perfect pick here.

1. Bryce Young Colts

Pure talent he is QB 1. I get the size concerns but for the Colts to just sit and have him plop right to them is insane.

• Like 3