Would you support the NFL playing games on Tuesday or Wednesday?

49ersfan

In the AFL (Australian Football League) the biggest games are on the Friday night (the Aussie version of Monday night football). This is mainly because in the whole it is the end of the working week so you can wind down, go to the pub and have a few too many beers and not have to get up for work in the morning. It also means that the kids are more likely to be able to see the late games as they have no school in the morning. We tried Monday nights and it just didn't work for us. We also tried Tuesday and Wednesday and that was a nightmare, both for fans and attendances. Plus the ratings really fell off afater half time isf the game wasn't entertaining enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

If the NFL actually cared about player safety, there would be no weekday games besides MNF.

I maintain that if the league would have worked in a second bye week, you can easily have teams play TNF coming off of one of those byes. Long week and a half game with another long week and another full week of football games, meaning more tv revenue, so everyone wins.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I maintain that if the league would have worked in a second bye week, you can easily have teams play TNF coming off of one of those byes. Long week and a half game with another long week and another full week of football games, meaning more tv revenue, so everyone wins.

I agree. A second bye week literally benefits everybody.

Let's have games all week long with a two day break Friday and Saturday.

Just speed run the season so we can squeeze two seasons into 1 calendar year. Cap stays the same so players earn double the yearly salary, NFL gets double ad revenue, and we get more football while players are in their prime. Everybody wins.

Friday would be dumb just from the perspective of high school football going on.     Honestly I think the best thing about the NFL is Sunday.   The more they spread it out, the less I would likely watch.    If I were the other professional leagues I would start placing big games on Sunday if the NFL starts spreading out their week.