Would you support the NFL playing games on Tuesday or Wednesday?

49ersfan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/30/nfl-seems-to-be-moving-toward-tuesdays-and-wednesdays-and-maybe-fridays-and-saturdays/

“I think we have data that’s very clear,” Commissioner Roger Goodell told reporters at the league meetings, regarding playing on Sunday and then on Thursday. “It doesn’t show higher injury rate. But we recognize shorter weeks. We went through this in COVID, too. We had to have a lot of flexibility in those areas.”

The reference to COVID is the biggest clue that Tuesday and Wednesday football is coming, since the changes necessitated by the pandemic resulted in games being played on those two rarely-used days of the week.

If the league plans to hang its hat on the contention that only three days off between games isn’t a health and safety concern, then four and five days off between games isn’t a concern, either.

I'm torn personally...i'm sure it wouldn't be the best for players. BUT, i love the NFL and having it on almost every day of the week would be great as a viewer. And i would definitely be watching, even if its a mediocre matchup

What do y'all think?

Are we going to reach a point like in the NBA and MLB where you’ll see teams playing games where someone has played 10 games going up against a team who only played 7 games because of scheduling?

Where a team is going to have 3 games to play in the last 2 weeks of the season?

Or hear me out. Play a game on Wednesday, then play a Monday night game after a “bye” week 

Ugggh. It just keeps getting worse, and worse. And yes, I will be that old sack of pooh that yells at clouds. Sunday, and Monday for decades was great, and it made the anticipation throughout the week for games exquisite. The only major sport that gave enough time for folks to get through the hustle and bustle of most of the week, and then coast into Sunday for games. And then a single marquee game on Sunday night, and Monday night. Thursday night I'm still not a fan of. Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are just stupid. I can't buy the NFL preaching player safety, and then shuffling games around multiple times a year on random days during the week for the players. And having more regular season games  a year. Doing the research is irrelevant. Why not just do a poll, and ask the players themselves? I'm guessing a resounding "no" would be the reply. But the NFL won't do that, because you know...dollar signs. This crackpot ain't too happy about the NFL's future. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Count me out - I have other obligations to manage. I’d consider watching Saturday night games, though.

There isn't a football fan alive (except those who work the weekends) that wouldn't stay up to watch a 9pm football game. I only say 9pm because Saturday is intended for college ball, and a late NFL start doesn't interfere with that too much

Nah. I’m lucky if I even watch 10 Charger games all year at this point. There was a time in my life where it was everything and I’d be at every home game, watch every away game and catch as many divisional games as I could. Now… the product just isn’t as good and I’ve seen a bit too much behind the curtain. 

The NFL’s commitment to player safety has really soured my grapes. I’m also more than a little perturbed at the zero tolerance policy for “Domestic Violence caught in video tape and then subsequently released to the public after the NFL failed to do anything initially.” 

Hard pass for me. More weird nights for players to compete less prepared just isn’t my vibe.