Week Whatever This Is GDT (Chargers)

FGK

39 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Excited to see how Darnold holds up against a great defensive front and a good secondary.  70-80% of the OSU defense will probably see some time on Sunday's.  It will be his biggest test of the year.

It will be a great opportunity for him to tank so he can avoid the Browns....;)

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right?!?!

When teams win games by scoring more yards I'll get my panties in a bunch.  Maybe I'll get them in a bunch just for fun before that, but they're my panties and it's none of your business what I do with them...I digress.

Pics?!?  @brownie man can use it for his sig bet. 

Can we stop with the "this team is talented" crap?  This team looks out-manned every week.  We need multiple DB's....We need at least one more pass rusher....we need a LB that can cover a TE.

On offense this team needs every skill position.

I really hope the FO is ready to pony up for some FA's, and get the draft right.....especially at the QB position.

20 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Can we stop with the "this team is talented" crap?  This team looks out-manned every week.  We need multiple DB's....We need at least one more pass rusher....we need a LB that can cover a TE.

I really hope the FO is ready to pony up for some FA's, and get the draft right.....especially at the QB position.

I see what you are talking about.  I think a lot of the TE issues have to do with our safety play.  Having one playing center field and another over the top doesn't give the LB much hope.  I see the CB issue too, although I think there are pieces to fit.  Hopefully Howard Wilson comes back next year and is the player he was in college.  We could definitely afford to have another pass rusher.  Having Ogbah out really hurts, but if he and Collins were not on IR I think things would have progressed a little better with our pass rush. 

I 100% agree with out on the offense.  I was upset we didn't see much from Coleman yesterday.  I thought with Gordon out there it would open Coleman up a lot more.  There needs to be plenty of focus on the offense, starting with the QB position.  (I was all for giving Kizer a chance, but I think his opportunity for next season is getting a lot smaller.)

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I completely agree at the QB position, I'm just wondering what you do elsewhere.

I think we are in DIRE need of a Free Safety, I would rather play Nacua as our FS and Peppers as our coverage LB right now with how things are going.

I do think we could use another CB as well, looking for a true number 1.

Wasn't Jamie Collins one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL before we stopped using him in coverage?

Having Ogbah out hurts a lot, but I agree, I wouldn't mind another Defensive End...I don't like how we do entire defensive line rotations instead of player by player.

I don't think we are the most talented team in the league, but its not like we don't have talent.  Yeah it sucks that Joe Thomas is out, but Bitonio, Tretter and Zeitler are ALL good NFL players.  Coleman needs work but no line is perfect.  Would you replace Njoku already? Hes a TE learning to play.  Josh Gordon looks great right off the bat, Coleman isn't bad but needs to be more consistent, Duke Johnson plays great we just don't play him enough.

I think the offense comes down to this, we NEED a QB that can find receivers and throw them open.  That's why we are constantly terrible.  Yes I would get other things around him, but we NEED a QB.  It seems like it wouldn't hurt to get a scheme and know how to utilize our players strengths either.  Jabril Peppers is a BAD FS, he is a player who should be at the LOS or a hitter in the backfield at SS, NOT a center fielder.  Jamie Collins shouldn't be a pass rusher at the line, he doesn't know how to utilize pass rush moves, pass rusher on disguised plays? sure! every 3rd down? NO, he should cover TE's.  Duke Johnson should just be on the field more, period.  It seems like were starting to realize you throw deep to Njoku NOT Telfer, so I guess that's a good thing.

But we don't have zero talent on this team.

Hopefully with Free Agency and the Draft we can get the defensive backs, the WR's and a replacement for Crowell, and dear god please a QB, to start to turn the corner.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

I completely agree at the QB position, I'm just wondering what you do elsewhere.

I think we are in DIRE need of a Free Safety, I would rather play Nacua as our FS and Peppers as our coverage LB right now with how things are going.

I do think we could use another CB as well, looking for a true number 1.

Wasn't Jamie Collins one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL before we stopped using him in coverage?

Having Ogbah out hurts a lot, but I agree, I wouldn't mind another Defensive End...I don't like how we do entire defensive line rotations instead of player by player.

I don't think we are the most talented team in the league, but its not like we don't have talent.  Yeah it sucks that Joe Thomas is out, but Bitonio, Tretter and Zeitler are ALL good NFL players.  Coleman needs work but no line is perfect.  Would you replace Njoku already? Hes a TE learning to play.  Josh Gordon looks great right off the bat, Coleman isn't bad but needs to be more consistent, Duke Johnson plays great we just don't play him enough.

I think the offense comes down to this, we NEED a QB that can find receivers and throw them open.  That's why we are constantly terrible.  Yes I would get other things around him, but we NEED a QB.  It seems like it wouldn't hurt to get a scheme and know how to utilize our players strengths either.  Jabril Peppers is a BAD FS, he is a player who should be at the LOS or a hitter in the backfield at SS, NOT a center fielder.  Jamie Collins shouldn't be a pass rusher at the line, he doesn't know how to utilize pass rush moves, pass rusher on disguised plays? sure! every 3rd down? NO, he should cover TE's.  Duke Johnson should just be on the field more, period.  It seems like were starting to realize you throw deep to Njoku NOT Telfer, so I guess that's a good thing.

But we don't have zero talent on this team.

Hopefully with Free Agency and the Draft we can get the defensive backs, the WR's and a replacement for Crowell, and dear god please a QB, to start to turn the corner.

Yeah it's unrealistic to say we have no talent but the incredibly poor performance of our team makes it difficult to discern who is actually worth a damn from the players, to the coaches, to the FO.

People ask me for my opinion on what the Browns should do I basically just throw my hands up and provide conjecture.  If there's one thing I've learned from the Browns is that without being in Berea or on the field during games the extent of incompetentness can only be speculated.

4 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I was upset we didn't see much from Coleman yesterday.  I thought with Gordon out there it would open Coleman up a lot more.

You did not allow for the genius of Hue, play calling for his new toy.

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You did not allow for the genius of Hue, play calling for his new toy.

Coleman....4 targets....0 catches

Plenty of blame for Kizer on this...but Coleman has not shown me (in the limited amount of time) that he was worthy of a trade down, and where we picked him.

44 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Coleman....4 targets....0 catches

Plenty of blame for Kizer on this...but Coleman has not shown me (in the limited amount of time) that he was worthy of a trade down, and where we picked him.

Tend to agree, although but at this point I cannot say that it isn't in part at least how he is being used.

Duke only had 4 targets, too.

Hue being Hue.

Archived