Week Whatever This Is GDT (Chargers)

FGK

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Rivers is a borderline HOFer who's been hot of late.  

He's obviously better than a 21 year old rookie 2nd rounder.

Yeah Kizer not being as good as Rivers isn't concerning. Not being as good as Beathard, Drew Stanton, Osweiller and Savage, that is a bit concerning.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Rivers is a borderline HOFer who's been hot of late.  

He's obviously better than a 21 year old rookie 2nd rounder.

Rivers is not a borderline HoFer, not even close. He has been a loser his whole career and that will not get you into the HoF.

At this point in the season, Kizer is no longer a rookie, he should be showing substantial improvement, after all, he has both Gordon and Coleman playing, so what further excuses are you going to make for him??? 46.9% completion rate, give it up already!!!

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I stopped reading at atrocious.

Whatever point you're trying to make is asinine.

19 points, no matter the circumstances isn't atrocious in any way, shape or form. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You guys would have predictively hated bill belichick here. We gave up tons of yards with a young inexperienced defense. But not many points. I don’t give one crap about yards. What are yards?  Stats for the crappy fantasy guys. Now limiting points is the goal. 

This is being incredibly reductive.  Yes, 19 points is not an insurmountable total, but the Chargers picked apart our defense with ease and limited the possessions for both teams.  I question if anybody watching the game could in good faith believe the Browns defense would stop them from matching any scoring output the Browns had on their end.  Even if we connected on some big plays for scores we would be giving the ball back to Rivers...who we stopped twice (their first punt didn't come until the 4th quarter) the entire game.  Greg Williams best defender is the endzone that limits the field, otherwise he feels he has to play our DB's at least 9 yards back to stop massive plays.  Any adequate QB can take whatever they want against our soft zone coverages...for heaven's sake we made Andy Dalton look elite twice this year.

The Chargers had five...FIVE 60+ yard drives down the field, including one that came from their own 4 yard line.  The defense did not give our offense any chances starting or near enemy territory, teams with inconsistent offensive play, and many teams in general, rely on being gifted some easy opportunities to score, Kizer and co. were given none.  Meanwhile the offense did a pretty good job of limiting mistakes and getting enough first downs to keep the Chargers on their own side of the field...but it did not make a difference because our defense was getting beaten like a drum.  I understand this scheme may fit the restrictions we have with our personnel, the fact that Peppers and Kindred are not coverage safeties and perhaps Taylor, BBC, and McCourty can't be trusted to man up.  However playing 4 man deep with basically no/or terribly ineffective underneath coverage until the other team gets on the 30 yard line is not good defense, it's like admitting you suck and playing a 2-3 zone in the NBA hoping that professionals miss their 3 point shots or have no idea how to dribble penetrate.  It's like allowing yourself to get jabbed 115 times to lose in a decision instead of a knockout.  Even our overrated MLB lines up about 8 yards off the line of scrimmage and gets plowed into en route to 11 tackles a game.  I understand that giving up FG's every single drive gives you a chance to win the game, but that's not a very good chance.

A team that gives up 19 points, while allowing only a couple long drives and creating turnovers, would be giving their team a MUCH, MUCH better chance to win the game than giving up 19 points in the manner that the Browns did yesterday.  If we were able to come away with some of the Chargers fumbles it would have made a worlds difference in judging the performance, in fact that is probably the most positive thing you can say is that the defense did not get the benefit of the ball bouncing their way.

But go ahead and cling onto the points we allow a game with no regard to how the game actually played out.  It will come as a great mystery why that number increases as the Browns score more points as well.

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Rivers is not a borderline HoFer, not even close. He has been a loser his whole career and that will not get you into the HoF.

At this point in the season, Kizer is no longer a rookie, he should be showing substantial improvement, after all, he has both Gordon and Coleman playing, so what further excuses are you going to make for him??? 46.9% completion rate, give it up already!!!

Lmao GTFO with that trash. He’s 15th all time in QBs wins and he’s done it on some horrific teams with terrible management and coaching his entire career. 

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You guys would have predictively hated bill belichick here. We gave up tons of yards with a young inexperienced defense. But not many points. I don’t give one crap about yards. What are yards?  Stats for the crappy fantasy guys. Now limiting points is the goal. 

Right?!?!

When teams win games by scoring more yards I'll get my panties in a bunch.  Maybe I'll get them in a bunch just for fun before that, but they're my panties and it's none of your business what I do with them...I digress.

4 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Great matchup.  Hope Haskins gets the start to help kickoff the 2018 Buckeyes. Barrett should just focus on his draft prep. 

I was with you right up until the part about Barrett and the draft. 

#udfa

#probablythebrownstarget

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Where’s @brownie man?  Should we take you seriously this week?  Asking for a friend. 

In all seriousness it’s still too early with Kizer. But the inaccuracies from college t the pros is disconcerting. He may be eventually be a good back up. Right now he’s Derek anderception. 

These are Cleveland fans bruh, some of them think developing a qb is a process that takes weeks 1-3 of the preseason.

Kizer has all the talent in the world physically, but he's not ready to be a starting qb in the league. Let him sit and learn next year as the developmental guy and see what happens.

5 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

No longer a rookie huh???

Jesus you're special.

?????????????????

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

I got you once I get home 

smh 

??‍♂️ 

OSU vs USC will be pretty dope though 

Excited to see how Darnold holds up against a great defensive front and a good secondary.  70-80% of the OSU defense will probably see some time on Sunday's.  It will be his biggest test of the year.

Archived