• Michael Meyer | TE | Notre Dame
    • Nolan Smith | EDGE | Georgia
    • O'Cyrus Torrence | OG | Florida
    • Quentin Johnston | WR | TCU
    • Will Levis | QB | Kentucky
    • Zay Flowers | WR | Boston College
    • Other (Please State)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/2023 at 02:56 PM

Why not, let's give this a go with combine and the major free agency moves in the book. 

Rules:

There are two polls - your first choice will count as 2pts, your second as 1pt. If players have the same score after 24 hours, the pick will go to the player with the most first place votes. 

I will take poll options from the website below, which aggregates all media big boards - so if your guy isn't on the board, don't blame me. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023?pos=ALL

Your vote can be who you would take, or who you think the team will take - it doesn't matter.

Draft Order:

1. Carolina Panthers - C.J. Stroud | QB | Ohio State 

2. Houston Texans - Bryce Young | QB | Alabama

3. Arizona Cardinals - Will Anderson | EDGE | Alabama

4. Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Richardson | QB | Florida

5. Seattle Seahawks - Jalen Carter | DL | Georgia

6. Detroit Lions - Christian Gonzalez | CB | Oregon

7.  Las Vegas Raiders - Devon Witherspoon | CB | Illinois

8.  Atlanta Falcons - Tyree Wilson | EDGE | Texas Tech

9.  Chicago Bears - Paris Johnson Jr. | OT | Ohio State

10. Philadelphia Eagles - Myles Murphy | Edge | Clemson

11. Tennessee Titans - Broderick Jones | OT | Georgia

12. Houston Texans - Jaxon Smith-Njigba | WR | Ohio State

13. New York Jets - Peter Skoronski | OT | Northwestern

14. New England Patriots - Darnell Wright | OT | Tennessee

15. Green Bay Packers - 

I went Van Ness and Bijan Robinson.  Van Ness makes a lot of sense, Preston Smith has played more football in his past than he will in his future, Rashan Gary is coming off an injury, and will probably not be 100% to start the season, and JJ Enagbare is pretty good but probably works best with a lower work load.

Robinson is just really good, and both Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are FAs after this season (IIRC).

This board is probably where I would be looking to move down.  IMO, the best fit for us is JSN, and after he is gone, I feel like we are overdrafting among the players that will be there at 15 vs what will still be there at like 20 or 25.

• Like 1

I went Edge Van Ness and Safety Branch. They are two of the Packers three biggest needs.

The third and perhaps most serious need is TE, but its hard to get good value at that position in round one. Once round two rolls around though (especially if the Packers get a 2nd round pick from the Jets) a TE is perhaps the highest priority. 

As @ThatJerkDave said above, RB Bijan Robinson is very good and might even be the best pick over time..........but a RB in round one, it's tough to do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Went with Nolan Smith, they could use another pass rusher and I like his fit in their defense. Mayer was my second choice but I don't see them going WR/TE in round 1.

Packers tend to like bigger edge guys, most are 260lb+.

A 235lb edge guy would be a real departure from their modus operandi.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This board is probably where I would be looking to move down.  IMO, the best fit for us is JSN, and after he is gone, I feel like we are overdrafting among the players that will be there at 15 vs what will still be there at like 20 or 25.

Agreed.  That looks like the near ideal situation to move down into that 20-24 range for a team who is looking to move up for either a CB or EDGE.  Since trades aren't part of the mock, I'd say go with Luke Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa] or Quentin Johnston [WR; TCU] here.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Packers tend to like bigger edge guys, most are 260lb+.

A 235lb edge guy would be a real departure from their modus operandi.

Yeah.  I love the speed.  And I love the attitude.  But he is smaller than Quay Walker, the same size as De'Vondre Campbell, and only very slightly bigger than Isaiah McDuffie, the three returning ILBs on the roster.  Lately, we have been going very big up front, and having our DBs pick up the slack down field.  It does help that our ILBs are big and fast, but they won't be confused with smaller coverage guys that most teams have.  Nolan Smith the idea is correct, just probably need a bigger bodied player for Packers specific.

45 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I went Edge Van Ness and Safety Branch. They are two of the Packers three biggest needs.

The third and perhaps most serious need is TE, but its hard to get good value at that position in round one. Once round two rolls around though (especially if the Packers get a 2nd round pick from the Jets) a TE is perhaps the highest priority. 

As @ThatJerkDave said above, RB Bijan Robinson is very good and might even be the best pick over time..........but a RB in round one, it's tough to do.

I just look at Bijan as a higher level talent than most of the guys left on the board.  You know I don't value RBs highly.  But there comes a point where he is just the best guy left on the board.  I think he can be a 1500 total yard kind of back.  No need to overthink it, just take the guy.  

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I did the exact same.

I actually went QJ over LVN this time. A week ago I was the opposite. 

With a first year starting QB and the depth of the high-twitch big-framed edge rushers in this draft class, QJ makes a ton of sense. I was actually sad to see the top four tackles all gone (especially PJJ, BroJo and Wright).

I'm one of the few Packers fans who has no interest in Nolan Smith. Which means we'll probably draft him and I'll love him by training camp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I actually don't see safety as a huge need right now. We could go into the season with Ford, Savage and Moore as our top three. Less than ideal in an all-in season, but in a transition year we could do worse. 

I can't look at our WR and TE rooms on paper and suggest that any defensive position is as dire as those.