Ravens sign OBJ 1 yr 18M

Ty21

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean he showed up halfway through the year lol, was he supposed to gel with Stafford and learn the offense in 6 days?

Not necessarily (although it’s not like we’ve never seen that happen), but does joining a new team + playing alright = balling? Just because it’s new? 

No, balling is balling. Dude was alright and then, surprise surprise, got injured again.

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He finally started clicking with Stafford in the postseason and nearly eclipsed his regular season yardage in 3+ games. Ballin

He had a very solid playoff run, sure. One game where he balled, two solid outings, and one cut short by another injury. 

Low standards people have nowadays, should’ve gave the guy $25M

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

Really don't like that signing. Such low odds that he actually winds up being worth that, and it's basically all guaranteed. I'm assuming they have a handful of void years on there, otherwise they literally can't afford this right now. Really glad KC did not pursue this.

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

Not necessarily (although it’s not like we’ve never seen that happen), but does joining a new team + playing alright = balling? Just because it’s new? 

No, balling is balling. Dude was alright and then, surprise surprise, got injured again.

He had a very solid playoff run, sure. One game where he balled, two solid outings, and one cut short by another injury. 

Low standards people have nowadays, should’ve gave the guy $25M

He obviously made an impact with that team from day one. Seems like the Ravens agree with me🤷

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No excuses for Lamar now. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

It’s Easter Sunday. 

Let us all remember: “let he who is not from the fanbase that were celebrating in the streets after trading a 1st round pick for this player and giving him a bag for tearing the team apart internally, cast the first stone” 

Edited by Ray Reed

The Odell free agency tour of last fall might have been the most overrating thing in nfl history. I was like bro if he signs he’s not playing for anyone  this year lol. Dude tore his ACL in the superbowl 

Edited by CP3MVP

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He obviously made an impact with that team from day one. Seems like the Ravens agree with me🤷

If NFL teams didn’t make stupid moves on an annual basis, you’d have a very good intelligent point….

You can take the Ravens track record at WR, and I’ll take the facts, lol.

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

It’s Easter Sunday. 

Let us all remember: “let he who is not from the fanbase that were celebrating in the streets after trading a 1st round pick for this player and giving him a bag for tearing the team apart internally, cast the first stone” 

Are we really going to pretend that the guy they’d have taken in the first would have panned out in any manner anyway?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I highly doubt he does anything, but it’s a 1-year deal. It’s absurd money, but 1 year takes any real risk away. FA is essentially over, so that money wasn’t doing anything for BAL anyways. 

They don't have $15M in cap space. It's a 1 year deal, but they will absolutely be paying for it next year as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean he showed up halfway through the year lol, was he supposed to gel with Stafford and learn the offense in 6 days?

He finally started clicking with Stafford in the postseason and nearly eclipsed his regular season yardage in 3+ games. Ballin

Yeah I'm going off of what I saw in games and how he played in the postseason. He looked pretty damn good.

• Like 1