Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

41 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

OUCH, that was nasty, I missed that.

They refused to play the replay on the broadcast. What has this world come to when they won’t show us players getting their knees exploded in slow motion? 

This message was brought to you by Willis McGahee’s knee in the Fiesta Bowl. 

• Like 2

I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon, and quad in high school in a play pretty similar to Chubb's. Prevented me from playing in college and was a looooong recovery. Had to re-learn how to walk with that leg, multiple surgeries, years of physical therapy, will likely need a total knee done by age 40, etc. I felt sick watching that Chubb replay. If his knee dislocated then I just don't see how he ever plays again. Same thing happened to Marcus Lattimore.

Note - I see a lot of people on Twitter confused about knee dislocations. A knee dislocation is when your tibia dislocates from your femur, meaning the bottom half of your leg is dislocated from the top half of the leg (my leg basically made a 45 degree angle to the side). A kneecap dislocation is when your patella dislocates (not a very serious injury).

• Like 7

12 hours ago, struby3 said:

I dislocated my knee and tore my ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon, and quad in high school in a play pretty similar to Chubb's. Prevented me from playing in college and was a looooong recovery. Had to re-learn how to walk with that leg, multiple surgeries, years of physical therapy, will likely need a total knee done by age 40, etc. I felt sick watching that Chubb replay. If his knee dislocated then I just don't see how he ever plays again. Same thing happened to Marcus Lattimore.

Note - I see a lot of people on Twitter confused about knee dislocations. A knee dislocation is when your tibia dislocates from your femur, meaning the bottom half of your leg is dislocated from the top half of the leg (my leg basically made a 45 degree angle to the side). A kneecap dislocation is when your patella dislocates (not a very serious injury).

Thanks for sharing your story. Such a beautiful game but the violence associated with it can be life altering in the same breath.

Chubb was such a special talent. Sucks that this might be the end of his career. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, struby3 said:

Damn that sucks, I never played football, so I don't know how those injuries feel, but I did dislocate my kneecap, twice, not serious, but hurt like a MF'er.

Last night's performance by Watson did not help my opinion of him at all. I don't know that I have ever seen a QB get called for such penalties before...and he should have been DQed. I recall Justin Smith being DQed for completely inadvertent contact with an official. Was Watson's "inadvertent"? Um, no. 

• Like 2

Vikings are better than their record suggests...0-2 but only -7 point differential despite losing all of their fumbles so far. But, it'll be interesting to watch if they keep losing. Do they sell off vets like Harrison Smith, Danielle Hunter & even...Kirk Cousins? Jets could be in that market; they were talking SB 2 weeks ago. Would take at least a 3rd + a future pick i'd guess 

The Vikings have been a good team for a while, but i wonder if they'll tear it down in an attempt to build a great team around Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson, Darrisaw etc 

Edited by 49ersfan

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Vikings are better than their record suggests...0-2 but only -7 point differential despite losing all of their fumbles so far. But, it'll be interesting to watch if they keep losing. Do they sell off vets like Harrison Smith, Danielle Hunter & even...Kirk Cousins? Jets could be in that market; they were talking SB 2 weeks ago. Would take at least a 3rd + a future pick i'd guess 

The Vikings have been a good team for a while, but i wonder if they'll tear it down in an attempt to build a great team around Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson, Darrisaw etc 

I mean they made a comeback vs the Eagles but we down big for much of the game. I get what you're saying but they also had a negative point differential last season despite their 13-4 record...They are average at best and likely a below average team. The moves they made this offseason showed that they realized they weren't a SB caliber team. I don't think you need to move Cousins at the deadline as starting QBs hardly ever get moved at the deadline, especially one as good as Cousins. 

• Like 1