Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

This is why everybody hates Dallas. Greenberg in this segment... "when Dak walked off the field he was the mvp" and also "Dak Prescott was one of the 5 best players in the nfl this season" 

I dont know what fricken games he's been watching, every time I've watched Dallas (which is probably about 4 or 5 games this season which admittedly isn't all of them but it's enough to have a good opinion) he's been at best decent and at times flipping awful. 

Help me understand 

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

This is why everybody hates Dallas. Greenberg in this segment... "when Dak walked off the field he was the mvp" and also "Dak Prescott was one of the 5 best players in the nfl this season" 

I dont know what fricken games he's been watching, every time I've watched Dallas (which is probably about 4 or 5 games this season which admittedly isn't all of them but it's enough to have a good opinion) he's been at best decent and at times flipping awful. 

Help me understand 

He did get a little unlucky yesterday. I thought he still had / has a really good shot at MVP. But the result matters for mvp voting, I think. A fumble at the 1, the defense not being able to hold...those aren't on him. But I think they matter all the same. Now he's a 5 seed instead of a 2 seed and that hasn't happened since Peterson, I'm pretty sure. 

I thought Dak was fine yesterday, I definitely mentioned in the game day thread that for the MVP he probably needed to show more though, especially with Purdy / Lamar going at it tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He did get a little unlucky yesterday. I thought he still had / has a really good shot at MVP. But the result matters for mvp voting, I think. A fumble at the 1, the defense not being able to hold...those aren't on him. But I think they matter all the same. Now he's a 5 seed instead of a 2 seed and that hasn't happened since Peterson, I'm pretty sure. 

I thought Dak was fine yesterday, I definitely mentioned in the game day thread that for the MVP he probably needed to show more though, especially with Purdy / Lamar going at it tonight. 

Yeah, nobody’s saying Purdy didn’t have a bad three game stretch because Moody missed a FG after Purdy drove them down in the end of the game against the Browns. Results definitely matter. 

As far as why is Dak getting the press, same as always. Turn on the TV the Monday after the Super Bowl. Half of the attention is on the Cowboys and how next year is their year. National media is always all over them. It won’t change. And I’m all for it. Because they “under perform” each year. Fine with me. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Saying Dak was fine yesterday, even saying he was good wouldn't have bothered me. He had one drive at the end of the game where I'd say he played really well. That doesn't equate to him being the MVP a week after getting blown out where he was objectively bad in a game the cowboys needed. And that wasn't the first time this season. 

Before that last drive frankly he should have been subjected to the Brock Purdy his skill players do all his work for him because that big td they has was all Lamb not Dak and would have been taken that way had the positions been reversed.

6 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Help me understand 

Talking heads are gonna talk.  Dak has had some terrible performances this year, look at his carolina game, if Brock had a game like that they would still be bringing it up next year about how he couldnt be trusted.  Dak will play above the MVP line for a few games and get the talk going, when he plays below the replacement line... well the MVP voters dont see that I guess.  At least the talking heads dont.

Looking at the playoff picture, if the Rams beat the Giants and Seattle loses to the Steelers or Minnesota and Green Bay tie, they clinch a spot as either the 6th or 7th seed. Would still decide whether they have to go through Philly or Detroit in the first round, but aside from that, not much changes for them. Any chance they're the ones resting their starters against us?

On 12/26/2023 at 9:21 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Mahomes body language is abysmal. He's acting like a loser. He's carried himself in an extremely unprofessional manner. 

It's been a tough season and he's held it together for a long time, but once he broke, he broke hard.

I don't think they will get it together anytime soon. He's been a bad leader. Lots of finger pointing from him right now. It's very bad. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Mahomes body language is abysmal. He's acting like a loser. He's carried himself in an extremely unprofessional manner. 

It's been a tough season and he's held it together for a long time, but once he broke, he broke hard.

I don't think they will get it together anytime soon. He's been a bad leader. Lots of finger pointing from him right now. It's very bad. 

Definitely a bad look. I will say though, a QB will get venom when the losing starts to pile up whether they act like a petulant child (Brady, Mahomes) or look despondent (Cutler, Hurts). That being said I'd rather have my triggerman channel the spirit of the ladder. Shame, not everyone can walk off the field after an L with a handsome "aww well shucks" smile like Jimmy G. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe