Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Just now, Ftn49 said:

Maybe he'd take over the defense... I'd be fine with Wilks moving on.

I'm pretty sure that he's going to have another head coaching gig in like 4 weeks 

• Like 3

Have to think this is some Jim Harbaugh type thing with Vrabel where this is more about power/control over football performance. 

Have to imagine Vrabel will be a top HC candidate alongside Harbaugh, Slowik, Johnson & Belichek (when inevitably fired)

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Have to think this is some Jim Harbaugh type thing with Vrabel where this is more about power/control over football performance. 

Have to imagine Vrabel will be a top HC candidate alongside Harbaugh, Slowik, Johnson & Belichek (when inevitably fired)

From ownership's comments on Vrabel, its very clear that he once again wasn't on the same page as his GM. The first time, they chose him over Robinson. This time they picked Carthon and I kind of get it, to be honest. 2 times is the start of a trend and I think that makes things very difficult. And there's no way that they didn't run things through Vrabel for at least an opinion when they hired Carthon, so that has to be a double flag for Tennessee

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure that he's going to have another head coaching gig in like 4 weeks 

I am also pretty sure he wasn't actually that good a DC before becoming a HC but is a better HC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Did any of us really see this coming?! I mean, REALLY?!!!

Not me.

I mean, this is what happens when you fall a$$ over feet in love with Geno Smith for your QB. 

You get properly fired. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

51 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Come back home Pete. We'll find a role for you somewhere. :)

I just watched his press conference, definitely sounds like he got canned and isn't ready for retirement yet... I have to imagine he'd only sign on somewhere as a HC, where he could bring in his staff and build something new, whether that's college or NFL. Plenty of jobs open

Edited by adamq