Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Anyone watch hard knocks?

Some observations of mine... AR looks relaxed. I mean I didn't watch him closely before but yeah, just poised and locked in.

Both Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson look like they are 12 years old without their helmets on. 

Nice to see someone from the glory years in Jeff Ulbrich being the D coordinator in New York. I think I had heard he was a LBer coach but hadn't heard he'd advanced.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Some observations of mine... AR looks relaxed. I mean I didn't watch him closely before but yeah, just poised and locked in.

Both Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson look like they are 12 years old without their helmets on. 

Nice to see someone from the glory years in Jeff Ulbrich being the D coordinator in New York. I think I had heard he was a LBer coach but hadn't heard he'd advanced.

I've never seen a single episode of hard knocks

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I have it on DVR and will try to catch the episode sometime this weekend. 

Looks like they picked a good team this year for the show. 

On 8/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, Ftn49 said:

I don't hate this version of the Jets...yet.  I like Saleh.  I think it is funny he is from the Azores, and had to go to New Jersey to follow his dream.  Talk about a change of scenery!  Seemed like he was a really good dude to have in the building and I'm happy he has his opportunity.  I'm glad the league gives us back 3rd rounders for these guys, it creates a good coaching model good coaches want to be a part of.

Jeff Ulbrich was an intense player.  He was all effort all the time, which was a welcome change on some of those teams from the early 00's.  He improved throughout his career and I am sure he is a solid coach.  You never know which players will make the best coaches when their playing career is over.  

Green is cool looking, and the city is desperate for some success.  NJ is a hard luck NFL "city."  They haven't won anything since Joe Namath, and The Sanchize is their highlight of the last 20 years.

This brings me to another, unrelated point.  Kyle Shanahan does a hell of a job getting this team in a position to compete for championships year in and year out.  I am happy to have him here, and would like him to stay until he wins at least one.  As long as it takes.  At this point, I think he is obsessed with 6 as much as the rest of us. 

On 8/9/2023 at 7:07 PM, Forge said:

I've never seen a single episode of hard knocks

Me neither.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adamq said:

Barry Jackson is very connected, so this is absolutely true.. now what would they be willing to give? Who knows but JT with McD?! 🤤

That would be fun

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'm shocked, I was expecting a pretty big year from Davis. Can't blame him with all the money he's made already though

Genuinely wonder if he just didn’t care about football. Talent flashed quite a bit, but the consistency was never there. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John232 said:

Genuinely wonder if he just didn’t care about football. Talent flashed quite a bit, but the consistency was never there. 

The timing isn't great. If I were the Jets, I would be pretty ticked. Tell them your plans at the end of the previous season, not the beginning of the next! The timing is terrible. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The timing isn't great. If I were the Jets, I would be pretty ticked. Tell them your plans at the end of the previous season, not the beginning of the next! The timing is terrible. 

Yeah, but ultimately it’s the players health on the line. It’s not also uncommon to see dudes just quit during a training camp. Not a great look for him thiugh, which is why I wonder if he just simply didn’t care. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Josh Jones to Houston. Would have liked to be in on that

Swapped a 5th for Jones and a 7th. That would have been an easy price to pay for us even though we make our hay in the 5th round. 

• Like 1