Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

59 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Isaiah Simmons to the Giants for a 7th??? I know he hasn’t lived up to his draft position, but he definitely hasn’t been a bust.

good deal for the Giants

Wow they were just talking him up with his move to safety, he must have looked horrible in the preseason

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Some guys drafted fairly high already cut this offseason. 

Greg Little - Second round pick
Greedy Williams - Second round pick
Denzel Mims - Second round pick
N'Keal Harry - First round pick

I still remember when Kyle and co were rumored to like N’Keal, so glad the Pats took him. We probably wouldn’t have gotten Deebo. 

Just now, StevenK said:

I still remember when Kyle and co were rumored to like N’Keal, so glad the Pats took him. We probably wouldn’t have gotten Deebo. 

I also like N'Keal. Reminded me of Anquan Boldin. Whoops. 

15 hours ago, adamq said:

Wow they were just talking him up with his move to safety, he must have looked horrible in the preseason

He's a strongside 4-3 LB.

It's not really that hard to figure out.

If he were in our scheme, he'd be an All-Pro with his coverage ability & length.

Some coaches just have an innate ability to try to fit square pegs into round holes because of perceived athletic strengths.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

He's a strongside 4-3 LB.

It's not really that hard to figure out.

If he were in our scheme, he'd be an All-Pro with his coverage ability & length.

Some coaches just have an innate ability to try to fit square pegs into round holes because of perceived athletic strengths.

Agree he's a strong side lb, but as a Blitzer. He can't cover. Been a pretty big weakness in his game. He'll maybe be solid for wink because martindale will just send him straight in on the QB with a blitz happy scheme

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Agree he's a strong side lb, but as a Blitzer. He can't cover. Been a pretty big weakness in his game. He'll maybe be solid for wink because martindale will just send him straight in on the QB with a blitz happy scheme

I think he's struggled trying cover as a safety. But as a short area/flat defender he'd be just fine. 

It's when they try to use him like a Derwin James type is where **** got muddy.

Raw athleticism is one thing but instincts and the feel for playing with your back to the ball is where LB & safety differ. 

Guys like Warner are rare air when it comes to that.

Not everyone has that feel.

I think he could play the Greenlaw role for us w/o issue.

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think he's struggled trying cover as a safety. But as a short area/flat defender he'd be just fine. 

It's when they try to use him like a Derwin James type is where **** got muddy.

Raw athleticism is one thing but instincts and the feel for playing with your back to the ball is where LB & safety differ. 

Guys like Warner are rare air when it comes to that.

Not everyone has that feel.

I think he could play the Greenlaw role for us w/o issue.

He's never played safety until this off season. He was making the conversation this year. 

He can't cover from the slot or from linebacker. He's just not good in coverage in general. He's too stiff. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's never played safety until this off season. He was making the conversation this year. 

He can't cover from the slot or from linebacker. He's just not good in coverage in general. He's too stiff. 

*Replays getting toasterized by Mostert in his first ever game*

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too stiff in the bottom too weak on top. Honestly never really understood the hype when he came out as this jack of all trades mister do it all type. In general i don't think those types have a high hit rate and usually get way overdrafted.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Too stiff in the bottom too weak on top. Honestly never really understood the hype when he came out as this jack of all trades mister do it all type. In general i don't think those types have a high hit rate and usually get way overdrafted.

*Cries in Taylor Mays*

• Like 4