BimeMock 8.0! 2-Rd’er w/9 trades!

JBarrett1984

Mock Draft 

Trade: Colts acquire 3rd overall pick from Cardinals for 4th & 79th overall pick in ‘23 Draft, and ‘24 1st rd pick 

Trade: Lions trade 6th to Titans for QB Willis, 11th overall pick, and & 24 1st rd pick. 

Trade: Cowboys acquire 15th overall pick from Packers for 26th & 58th

Trade: Chiefs acquire 23rd overall pick from Vikings for 31st, 90th, and 129th overall pick. 

Trade: Bengals trade 28th overall pick to Seahawks for 37th & 83rd. 

Trade: Patriots acquire 36th overall pick from Rams for 46,107th, and 184th

Trade: Bears acquire 41st overall pick from Titans for 53rd, 103rd, and 148th overall pick.

Trade: Packers acquire 42nd overall pick & ‘24 conditional 3rd from Jets for A.Rodgers.

Round 1:

1. CAR- Richardson, QB UF
  2. HOU- B.Young, QB Bama 
  3. IND- Stroud, QB OSU
  4. AZ- W.Anderson, DE Bama
  5. SEA- Carter, DL UGA
  6. TEN- Levis, QB UK
  7. LV- Gonzalez, CB Ore
  8. ATL- Wilson, DE TTU
  9. CHI- Skoronski, OT NW
  10. PHI- JSN, WR OSU
  11. DET- VanNess, DE Iowa
  12. HOU- Witherspoon, CB ILL
  13. NYJ- Johnson, OT OSU
  14. NE- Jones, OT UGA
  15. DAL- Robinson, RB UT
  16. WAS- Torrence, G/C UF
  17. PIT- Martin, OT Tenn
  18. DET- Porter, CB PSU
  19. TB- Harrison, OT OKLA
  20. SEA- Addison, WR USC
  21. LAC- Kancey, DL Pitt
  22. BAL- Banks, CB MD
  23. KC- Murphy, DE Clem
  24. JAX- Branch, S Bama
  25. NYG- Johnston, WR TCU 
  26. GB- McDonald, DE ISU
  27. BUF- Flowers, WR BC
  28. SEA- Hooker, QB Tenn 
  29. NO- Bresee, DL Clem
  30. PHI- N.Smith, DE UGa
  31. MIN- C.Smith, CB SC

Round 2:

32. Pit- Simpson, LB Clem 

33. HOU- Anu-Uzomah, DE KSU

34. AZ- Gibbs, RB Bama 

35. IND- Foskey, DE ND

36. NE- Mayer, TE ND

37 CIN- M.Smith, DL Mich 

38. LV- Jones, OT OSU

39. CAR- Ojulari, DE LSU

40. NO- Forbes, CB MSST

41. CHI- Adebawore, DL NW

42. GB- Hyatt, WR Tenn 

43. NYJ- Sanders, Lb Ark 

44. ATL- Downs, WR UNC

45. GB- Kinkaid. TE utah

46. LAR- White, DE G-Tech

47. WAS- Brents. CB KSU

48. DET- Campbell, Lb Iowa 

49. PIT- Stevenson, CB MIa

50. TB- Washington, TE UGA

51. MIA- Schmidt, G/C Minn 

52. SEA- Avila, G TCU

53. TEN- Bergeron, OT Cuse

54. LAC- Mauch, OL NDST

55. DET- Benton, DL Wisc

56. JAX- Dexter, DL UF

57. NYG- Tippman, G/C Wisc

58. GB- Johnson, S ISU

59. Buf- Zavala, G/C NCST

60. Cin- Charbonnet, RB UCLA

61. CHI- Blu-Kelly, CB Stan

62. PHI- Skinner, S BSU

63. KC- Duncan, OT MD

Edited by JBarrett1984
update 4/11

I don't like this at all for the Lions. 

I get why Wilson is a favorite there, but I just am not a fan of his.  I think plenty of other edge players have a similar or better impact in the NFL so would likely pass on him for one of the top CBs in Gonzalez or Witherspoon.  Or ideally move down with a team looking for a QB with Levis on the board still.  

The trade from 18 is solid in general but not when Gonzalez is available.  I'd much rather stay at 18 and take the best CB in the draft (I wouldn't mind taking him at 6 over Wilson either) if we stick with Wilson at 6.  I don't see this staff drafting a LB in the first, we just have never had that much emphasis on the position. Other option would be taking Kancey here.  If we went CB at 6 and then Kancey in this trade down, it would be a very solid first round. 

In the second, again I would rather stay put and draft Campbell, or trade up and draft Campbell instead of Mazi.  I don't see any need to move up for Mazi Smith since again, there are plenty of DTs that do what he does.  

Washington is probably good value there but again I dont see the need for TE that high.  Fortunately we filled a bunch of holes in free agency so could afford this pick but also we have three very solid TEs on the roster so he will push one of them off and not sure he is worth doing that for.  But this is the only pick that I am really ok with for the Lions. 

• Like 1

Gibbs wouldn't be my first choice at 28, but I can't rule it out either.  I wouldn't hate it, just doesn't feel like value taking a RB that high that isn't a unicorn.  Cancey, Jones, Foskey, Mayer all feel like options too.  Given that many options, wouldn't shock me if we trade down if we can pick up an early to mid 3rd rd pick.

CB is definitely an option on day 1/2, they value the position a lot.  I'm not quite that high on Jaylon Jones either.  If they went RB in rd 1 then you have OT/TE/CB/maybe WR (I like Rashee Rice in this area if he's still there), pass rusher, lots of options.

I'd give these first two rounds like a C+ grade, maybe a B- if i'm drinking the kool aid on Gibbs at that point.  I'd see Gibbs as a B/B- pick and Jones as a C/C- pick.

I assume the 17th pick should be darnell Wright, not Martin?

If not, we gladly will take Wright.  I know a lot of people are high on Gibbs, but the team doesn't generally go RB in the first.  The last one they did was probably KiJana Carter.  I look for OT, CB, TE and maybe DT for the pick at 28.  

If we don't go CB in the first, I like the second round pick.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

I assume the 17th pick should be darnell Wright, not Martin?

If not, we gladly will take Wright.  I know a lot of people are high on Gibbs, but the team doesn't generally go RB in the first.  The last one they did was probably KiJana Carter.  I look for OT, CB, TE and maybe DT for the pick at 28.  

If we don't go CB in the first, I like the second round pick.

Chris Perry in 2004 at 26th overall

On 4/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, JBarrett1984 said:

Chiefs trade 31st, 95th, and 122 to Vikings for 23rd overall pick. 

23) KC(v/MIN)-Johnston, WR TCU
63) 63. KC- Brooks, DE BGU

Update:

23) KC- Murphy, DE Clem
63) 63. KC- Duncan, OT MD

The trade is reasonable for the pick value, though #31, #95, and #134 is closer. I doubt that they would do it for QJ.

The Chiefs have quietly assembled a competent WR room--MVS, Skyy Moore, Kadarius Toney, Richie James. If one of the top DE slid, then sure, but Anderson, Wilson, Smith, Murphy, and van Ness are all gone. Depending on their evaluations, perhaps they pull the trigger for Kancey but the price is rich.

I like Karl Brooks a lot but this also feels like a reach.

Consider trading back. For example, your package for the Chiefs, #31, #95, and #122 works out even for Detroit's two 2nds--#48 and #55 

Update: 

Much better this time. Murphy is the sort of player who might slide and who Veach would trade up to get. Getting an OT in the second is gravy.

Edited by onejayhawk

On 4/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, JBarrett1984 said:

51. MIA- Schmidt, G/C Minn

52. SEA- Avila, G TCU

53. TEN(v/CHI)- Bergeron, OT Cuse 

54. LAC- Ika, DL Baylor 

55. NYJ(v/DET)- Campbell, LB Iowa

Schmidt is fine.

Aliva, Bergeron, Ika, and Campbell would be OK too.

Edited by Tetsujin