Falcons acquire Jeff Okudah for a 23 5th

BowlesDawgDX

I’m happy for Okudah. I think he needs a fresh start somewhere without the top 3 pick expectations. I still have hope for him to have a solid career. 

Lions save over $5 million guaranteed remaining on Okudah’s contract this season, giving them roughly $28 million in capspace still. They also don’t have to pay $10+million for his fifth year option. 

Lions 2023 draft picks:

2 firsts

2 seconds 

1 third 

2 fifths 

2 sixths

Edited by Louis Friend

Not a bad value to give up for someone with his upside.  Here he won't have to be thrown into the lions den as a starter.  AJ and Casey Heyward will be doing that.  Jefe will be more of the #3 or 4 guy that can try and get better while learning from 2 really good lock down type corners at times over their years.   Here's to hoping he turns it around and becomes what potential he had coming out. Lord knows he was highly thought of in that draft.

• Like 2

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Not a bad value to give up for someone with his upside.  Here he won't have to be thrown into the lions den as a starter.  AJ and Casey Heyward will be doing that.  Jefe will be more of the #3 or 4 guy that can try and get better while learning from 2 really good lock down type corners at times over their years.   Here's to hoping he turns it around and becomes what potential he had coming out. Lord knows he was highly thought of in that draft.

He has potential. He’s shown flashes of great play. He just hasn’t stayed healthy enough to develop. When you’re the #3 overall pick, there are alot of expectations and fans drew tired of waiting on him. I hope he can put it together for you guys. He’s a classy guy. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

He has potential. He’s shown flashes of great play. He just hasn’t stayed healthy enough to develop. When you’re the #3 overall pick, there are alot of expectations and fans drew tired of waiting on him. I hope he can put it together for you guys. He’s a classy guy. 

Man that sounds like another #3 overall pick but in the 2021 draft.

• Like 1