Falcons acquire Jeff Okudah for a 23 5th

BowlesDawgDX

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions save over $5 million guaranteed remaining on Okudah’s contract this season, giving them roughly $28 million in capspace still. They also don’t have to pay $10+million for his fifth year option. 

Getting a 5th is a steal considering there's zero chance he's going to be a $10 million dollar player after this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Getting a 5th is a steal considering there's zero chance he's going to be a $10 million dollar player after this year. 

Lions were not going to pick up his fifth year option and the money on his contract was not going to net us a day 2 pick. I’m happy with it. 

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Witherspoon's tape screams Dan Campbell guy.

Plus Campbell says he evaluated guys on tape and not on pajamas. Witherspoon also played with Kerby in college. Just a much better fit. Gonzo is just taller. 

I don’t think this means Lions are locked into a CB at 6. Lions will go BPA and always were. But I could see Witherspoon being their guy. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

It is not. That was Bob Quinn. Brad Holmes is the guy who drafted Penei, Amon-Ra, Hutch, Jamo, Kerby, Rodrigo and James Houston the last two drafts. 

I feared that was the case. I much prefer the awful drafting lions. You guys are going to get your version of Jaire in Witherspoon and I'm not thrilled about it.

Okudah just can't stay healthy. He's dealt with both serious injury and soft tissue ones. Hasn't been particulary great even when on the field.

Seems like a classic guy who will bounce around the league the next few years due to his draft stock, but be an afterthought. 

I can see why the both teams made the move though. 

• Like 2

Last year, he "flashed" mostly in run support. In coverage, even in his best stretches last year he was mediocre. He had one really good game against Justin Jefferson.

I don't have specific knowledge of this, but based on watching the games and the pattern of how it happened, I think the Lions coaches always had a problem with getting him to execute his assignment only and not to freelance. I think his benchings late in the season had a lot to do with that.

I guess Jamo will be wearing #1 this season, I suspected it all along

26 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I feared that was the case. I much prefer the awful drafting lions. You guys are going to get your version of Jaire in Witherspoon and I'm not thrilled about it.

Witherspoon is a perfect fit for what Aaron Glenn wants at the CB position, and he played with Kerby Joseph at Illinois. 

• Like 1