Accurate 1 Round with Trades and short explanations!

Nickpeloso17

1. Panthers: Bryce Young, QB Alabama
    It seems like Young has the edge for this pick. high upside potential star in Carolina, which they need bad

2. Texans: CJ Stroud, QB Ohio State
    I’m not buying the Will Anderson hype here, they NEED a QB. Maybe they could grab #3 and take both? Stroud is the guy here, potentially QB1

3. TRADE *Titans: Anthony Richardson, QB Florida
    The first trade, Arizona sells to the highest bidder.  Willis isn’t the answer and they need a new face. Hopkins is sent to the Titans in this deal

4. Colts: Will Levis, QB Kentucky
    Like Houston, the Colts have to take a QB. I really like Levis’ upside even if the floor is low, could develop into a special player

5. Seahawks: Will Anderson Jr., DE Alabama
    This is the best case scenario for Seattle. Their choice between Anderson/Carter, they could even trade down with Detroit and take Carter

6. Lions: Tyree Wilson, DE Texas Tech
   Sounds like they like Wilson a lot - his size can be developed into something dangerous in Detroit. Don’t think they’d take Carter

7. Raiders: Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon
    LV needs secondary help badly, luckily the CB1 drops to them. Also doesn’t sound like they’d take Carter

8. Falcons: Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
   Carter’s mini-fall ends, I’m sure Philly will make calls. Perfect fit and can learn from Campbell in Atlanta’s rebuilt defense

9. Bears: Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State
    Kind of the “boring” pick here, Chicago gets the OT1 with Johnson. With Carter gone this is the best pick

10. TRADE *Texans: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR Ohio State
    With Stroud in the fold, Houston moves up a couple spots to secure his WR. They moved up two spots last year to grab Green so this move is somewhat familiar to them

11. Cardinals (via TEN): Devon Witherspoon, CB Illinois
    This might be best case scenario after passing on Anderson for the trade, Arizona desperately needs CB help even before losing Murphy

12. Eagles (via HOU): Bijan Robinson, RB Texas
    Is 10 too early for a RB? Maybe 12 isn’t. After a small move down, Philly takes this basically free pick to take Robinson

13. Jets: Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
    This pick seems like it’ll be the top OT remaining. Skoronski is still there but if he’s viewed as strictly a guard, he could fall

14. Patriots: Zay Flowers, WR Boston College
    This doesn’t seem like a “Patriots pick”, but there’s a lot of noise here. They need a playmaker badly

15. Packers: Myles Murphy, DE Clemson
    No receiver here, Green Bay continues using top picks on defense, grabbing a guy who fits the prototype they like 

16. Commanders: Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn State
    Washington desperately needs corner help. Porter is a fantastic fit and addition to their secondary

17. Steelers: Nolan Smith, EDGE Georgia
    It seems they’re targeting OT or CB here - with Porter gone and the top LT’s off the board, they pivot with two second round picks available and take the high upside Smith 

18. Lions: Peter Skoronski, OG Northwestern
    This seems a little far for Skoronski, but the teams above have bigger needs at tackle. Detroit never misses with OL and his value here is hard to pass on

19. Buccaneers: Dawand Jones, OT Ohio State
    TB can go plenty of directions here, but a LT is probably their biggest need assuming Wirfs stays at RT

20. TRADE *Bills: Dalton Kincaid, TE Utah
    Buffalo needs more weapons - they’ve also had to endure Travis Kelce ending their season and want their own. They move up ahead of LA

21. Chargers: Jordan Addison, WR USC
    Keenan Allen is aging and they need weapons as well. I love this fit here for LA

22. Ravens: Deonte Banks, CB Maryland
    Baltimore is looking thin at corner, luckily the board allows them their pick of a few. They take the local kid

23. TRADE *Chiefs: Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee
    Kansas City stays aggressive, moving up for their RT with plenty of picks available

24. Jaguars: Brian Branch, DB Alabama
    Branch can play multiple positions and is exactly what Jacksonville needs. They run to the podium with this one

25. Giants: John Michael Schmitz, C Minnesota
    Sounds like they like him quite a bit and with no center it makes sense. They pass on WR here

26. Cowboys: Steve Avila, OG TCU
   Taking the local guy here, Dallas continues adding OL prospects, where they can’t really go wrong

27. Seahawks (via BUF): Quentin Johnston, WR TCU
    Lockett is aging and they need another home run hitter. Anderson/Johnston and picks from the trade is a great start for Seattle 

28. Bengals: Michael Mayer, TE Notre Dame
    This is such a fun pick and great value at 28. He likely makes more of an impact than someone like Harrison

29. Saints: Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE Northwestern
    New Orleans needs some DL talent after big free agency losses. Ade is their kind of pick

30. Eagles: Calijah Kancey, DT Pittsburgh
    Philly actually has a lot of options here, Cam Smith is intriguing. But Kancey could wreck havoc in this coaching scheme, taking over for Cox eventually

31. Vikings (via KC): Lukas Van Ness, DE Iowa
    After the trade down I think Minnesota takes BPA on defense. Van Ness can be a key pass rushing threat for years

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nickpeloso17 said:

23. TRADE *Chiefs: Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee
    Kansas City stays aggressive, moving up for their RT with plenty of picks available

They might do this to take Lucas Van Ness. The Chiefs have a RT, Lucas Niang. He won the starting job out of camp last year, then got hurt. He was healthy enough to play for the SB and he's fully healthy now. 

Kancey and Van Ness are both higher priorities than Wright.  

• Like 1

Carter’s mini-fall ends, I’m sure Philly will make calls. Perfect fit and can learn from Campbell in Atlanta’s rebuilt defense

May all the gods bless you in anything you do Nick.  The Falcons family appreciate this great deed you have done for us today and you're generosity will not be forgotten >.>

• Like 2

I like  Quentin Johnson but I don’t think Seattle will, they’ve never drafted a reviver early who didn’t run a 4.4 or better. I could see Seattle surprise and go with someone like Mingo because of his athletic ability and he blocks well. But I like the position choice in the late 1st

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 12:33 PM, Nickpeloso17 said:

Great pick. Great reasoning. 

On 4/15/2023 at 12:33 PM, Nickpeloso17 said:

I agree, and if things fall this way I think they'd get it done if Vegas isn't taking him. Just very much a Howie move.
They can throw a pick Vegas' way and the Raiders are guaranteed to get a corner at 10.

Which if they did that they would move back with 30 to help fill out day 2 & 3  with more picks.

Feels like if he makes it past 6, some team will be "y'all crazy for not taking him' and move up.

20 hours ago, Danger said:

Terrible Eagles picks.

Was a one pick difference from a very realistic Eagles draft at both. Broderick Jones and Adebawore would be such an on the nose Eagles draft.

On 4/16/2023 at 8:25 PM, hburn said:

I like  Quentin Johnson but I don’t think Seattle will, they’ve never drafted a reviver early who didn’t run a 4.4 or better. I could see Seattle surprise and go with someone like Mingo because of his athletic ability and he blocks well. But I like the position choice in the late 1st

Yep I think the next 3 players off the board (Mayer/Ade Ade/Kancey) would be more likely than Johnson to be picked by Seattle. As would Mingo or J. Downs. 
Will McDonald would be a great fit as well.