Week 13 GDT: G(eno)iants @ Raiders?

SilverNBlackFan

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Holton is the 5th string WR.

Patterson has earned more snaps tho. The problem with him is his route running is limited and that is a problem for offensive passing games that rely on timing like our does.

Sure, but his positives more than make up for his deficiencies.

2 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

Well, from the point of the game that I was willing to entertain the thought that Carr had regressed into a game manager, I think he proved that he isn't.

ehh?? What did he prove? He threw two passes that should have been picked. Like 10/10 those are INTs.

His biggest plays came on screens to Patterson, who got most of his yards off incredible yac and blocking. I don't think DCs a game manager, but this definitely not the game to champion for Carr.

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

ehh?? What did he prove? He threw two passes that should have been picked. Like 10/10 those are INTs.

His biggest plays came on screens to Patterson, who got most of his yards off incredible yac and blocking. I don't think DCs a game manager, but this definitely not the game to champion for Carr.

Well, when the game was on the line, he won it without his WR1 and WR2, but it sounds like we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Derek Carr will eventually become a top 3-5 quarterback (I'd argue that he's already top 10).  He's 25 years old with 3 1/2 years of experience.  The best QB play to ever happen was done by QB who were in their mid thirties.  Peyton Manning couldn't even throw darts anymore when he put up 55 touchdowns in a single season.  Tom Brady didn't peak until he had Wes Welker and Randy Moss as his wide receivers (Tom Brady was 30 at the time, 5 years older than Derek is currently).  Derek's obviously better than players like Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Eli Manning, Jake Cutler, I'd name more if I wasn't already inebriated.  I have no doubt in my mind that with the right coaches we could easily be playing for Super Bowls every season.  We just need the right coordinators to take us to the promised land.  At least we aren't a 5-11 team every season like we were 2-3 years ago.  I looked forward to the draft more than I did to the actual season.  I was waiting for that hit in the draft to take us out of that slump, and that's definitely Derek Carr.

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Derek Carr will eventually become a top 3-5 quarterback (I'd argue that he's already top 10).  He's 25 years old with 3 1/2 years of experience.  The best QB play to ever happen was done by QB who were in their mid thirties.  Peyton Manning couldn't even throw darts anymore when he put up 55 touchdowns in a single season.  Tom Brady didn't peak until he had Wes Welker and Randy Moss as his wide receivers (Tom Brady was 30 at the time, 5 years older than Derek is currently).  Derek's obviously better than players like Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Jameis Winston, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Eli Manning, Jake Cutler, I'd name more if I wasn't already inebriated.  I have no doubt in my mind that with the right coaches we could easily be playing for Super Bowls every season.  We just need the right coordinators to take us to the promised land.  At least we aren't a 5-11 team every season like we were 2-3 years ago.  I looked forward to the draft more than I did to the actual season.  I was waiting for that hit in the draft to take us out of that slump, and that's definitely Derek Carr.

Carr is currently a top 5 Qb in the NFL in my opinion.  Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Car and Wentz.  Luck would be in there if he was healthy.  I can assure you if you were to take any GM in the NFL and ask them who the top 3 QB's they would want if they were starting a franchise from scratch Carr would be on every ones list.  If I was starting a franchise it would be Carr, Luck and Wentz, in that order.  

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr is currently a top 5 Qb in the NFL in my opinion.  Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Car and Wentz.  Luck would be in there if he was healthy.  I can assure you if you were to take any GM in the NFL and ask them who the top 3 QB's they would want if they were starting a franchise from scratch Carr would be on every ones list.  If I was starting a franchise it would be Carr, Luck and Wentz, in that order.  

I'd throw Prescott in there.

I think it's good news, and a testament to the culture JDR has built there, that this team is still able to win games their supposed to win. It's something many NFL fans take for granted, but the Raiders have beat teams they're supposed to beat despite playing badly this year. Under a lesser coach, it wouldn't be that surprising to see the team come apart at the seams when things weren't going according to plan (just see the last two teams we've played). I've become somewhat of a coaching staff truther of late, but I do believe these coaches have helped keep things level when things were going sideways.

Obviously next week is a truer test of where this team truly is. Despite a loss, the Chiefs offense put up some serious numbers against the Jets.

Archived