TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

@blkwdw13 Hey what recommendations do you have for running? I'm looking into shoes and not sure what you think would be essential items. Any brands you think are worthwhile or overrated?

Really you need to go to a store that actually measures your foot and gait, they'll get you into a good shoe meant for your foot and stride. I've heard a lot of good about Hooka as a straight running shoe and I use Inov-8 because I do a lot of cross training.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

@blkwdw13 Hey what recommendations do you have for running? I'm looking into shoes and not sure what you think would be essential items. Any brands you think are worthwhile or overrated?

I work at a Podiatry (foot doctor's) office, we usually send people to the New Balance stores.

One thing you'll want to check when buying any shoe, is to try and "twist" them (rotate the toe and heel opposite directions)... Any shoe that you can corkscrew is garbage and not stable enough (so yeah all those people wearing Chucks are killing their feet)

I also personally liked a pair of Brooks shoes I picked up 2 years ago, very well made... Though they where way pricier than I'd normally spend on shoes myself (only went that route because of a giftcard to the store)

EDIT: Oh, and buy your shoes at night, not in the morning.... Your feet naturally swell over the course of a day, and shoes that fit in the morning may not be comfortable by the evening.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Epyon said:

EDIT: Oh, and buy your shoes at night, not in the morning.... Your feet naturally swell over the course of a day, and shoes that fit in the morning may not be comfortable by the evening.

That's gold for me in particular, because I like to have my runs at night after the kids start to wind down for the night.

Appreciate the feedback!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 11:43 AM, Sugashane said:

How big are you ? 

New Balance for big guys 👍🏻

Asics and Nike airmax otherwise 

I wore Asics for Honolulu Marathon Airmax for dozen or so half marathons

I'm 5'8 150 tho 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SLCbear said:

How big are you ? 

New Balance for big guys 👍🏻

Asics and Nike airmax otherwise 

I wore Asics for Honolulu Marathon Airmax for dozen or so half marathons

I'm 5'8 150 tho 

I'm a bigger guy but I ended up getting the Ascics Novablast 3. Wasn't sure if I liked them much during the runs but knees in particular feel really good the next day so I'm a fan. I actually think it has helped with some back tightness I was having, I thought the tightness was due to doing a fair bit of oly lifting but now I think it was me running in basketball shoes. 

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm a bigger guy but I ended up getting the Ascics Novablast 3. Wasn't sure if I liked them much during the runs but knees in particular feel really good the next day so I'm a fan. I actually think it has helped with some back tightness I was having, I thought the tightness was due to doing a fair bit of oly lifting but now I think it was me running in basketball shoes. 

Ya the asics are LEGIT, I'm a fan ...New Balance, Brooks Saucony pretty popular w big guys  

No MORE running in bb shoes 💀 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Craig Counsell takes the Cubs job!  Holy hell did not see that coming.  Guess the Cubs want to really go for it again.

my jaw hit the floor - i never in a thousand years saw this coming. hopefully they told him the plan for this offseason, with that plan being aggreessive 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

my jaw hit the floor - i never in a thousand years saw this coming. hopefully they told him the plan for this offseason, with that plan being aggreessive 

I read the alert on my phone like 6 times because it just wasn’t computing in my brain.  I’m thinking “but the cubs already have a manager…what could this possibly mean…?”  I’m very excited for the next couple months now.

This day is just kicking my butt at work.

I had a 7:30 a.m. meeting this morning.  I am giving the message tonight at church for youth group and won't be home until 9:30 or 10 p.m. 

2 attorneys got things wrong on other side of deals and I had to fix them to keep things moving. 

I had make a special kind of LLC for my wife that I found out you can't register for online with state.  

Then a closer tells me a POA signed 10 years ago that the title company already approved more than a week ago is no good and wants me to fix it somehow 20 minutes before closing starts.  

Thankfully I came up with some solutions.   But aggravating none the less.  

Plus a whole number of other things.  

Stress comes when you are busy.   Whole different kind of stress when you aren't.

I am grateful for first one this month.  Still.  Whew.  Feels like I have been working 15 hours already today.

• Like 1