TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I have decided that I need to become really wealthy.

Wife’s company put us up in a 5* resort and covered everything. Lots of down time and hammock laying and massages and top notch food. I feel like I could live my best life if I could just make that something I do all the time. 🤷‍♂️

When you do make it change your name to AZKardashian.

We'll all know why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Florida is just one upping Michigan. I just want to know who hired the eagle and shark.

i4639dcoczk21.png?auto=webp&s=2de1ddd581

I don't think that is an eagle or a shark, but it is interesting.   That is a big fish to be flying around with.   That bird has some lift power.

I watched some time lapse video awhile back about how the reintroduction of wolves had completely transformed the geography of a national park through a series of domino effects.  

It was really interesting.  Wonder if I could find it.  

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't think that is an eagle or a shark, but it is interesting.   That is a big fish to be flying around with.   That bird has some lift power.

I watched some time lapse video awhile back about how the reintroduction of wolves had completely transformed the geography of a national park through a series of domino effects.  

To be fair I know little of fish or birds. lol

But hear me out. If someone drops a 3 foot long bluefish on my head from 150 feet above then I know I angered God, and no one can convince me otherwise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

To be fair I know little of fish or birds. lol

But hear me out. If someone drops a 3 foot long bluefish on my head from 150 feet above then I know I angered God, and no one can convince me otherwise.

If we had GIFS working I would post Cliff Clavin from Cheers.

But an ancient Roman pagan priest was known as an Augur.   Most ancient pagan religions had some form of them.  Greeks too, that is where Romans got it from.   But Norse and Egyptians did it too I think.  And Chinese.  They watched for bird signs.   I think the word Augur is related to bird in latin somehow.

A giant bird carrying a big fish and dropping it on your head - that would definitely mean something (to them).   Maybe you shouldn't invade Carthage in Spring.  Don't know if you were planning that.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If we had GIFS working I would post Cliff Clavin from Cheers.

I'm not sure why gifs aren't working for you. If the address for the image/gif ends in .gif you should be able to just put it in and hit enter. If not...

whats-up-whats-up-withthat.gif

But an ancient Roman pagan priest was known as an Augur.   Most ancient pagan religions had some form of them.  Greeks too, that is where Romans got it from.   But Norse and Egyptians did it too I think.  And Chinese.  They watched for bird signs.   I think the word Augur is related to bird in latin somehow.

I just remember the movie Troy talking about a bird carrying a serpent as a sign that Apollo was pleased with them.

A giant bird carrying a big fish and dropping it on your head - that would definitely mean something (to them).   Maybe you shouldn't invade Carthage in Spring.  Don't know if you were planning that.

And it's none of your damn business if I am or not, sir!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not sure why gifs aren't working for you. If the address for the image/gif ends in .gif you should be able to just put it in and hit enter. If not...

whats-up-whats-up-withthat.gif

I just remember the movie Troy talking about a bird carrying a serpent as a sign that Apollo was pleased with them.

And it's none of your damn business if I am or not, sir!!

giphy.gif

I'm talking about box at top of posting options that says GIF.  It no longer functions for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

got you fam

• Like 1

Busy day today.  First I have to try to get about 4 hours work done in one or two.

Then I have a charity golf outing.  First in like 8 years I have done one of these.  My swing should be interesting.  My golf clubs were covered in about an inch of dust.  Also missing some irons.  Weird. Oh well.   I am saying interesting a lot.  It’s early and I am tired.

Then I am going to some party for guy who is running it (yuck - I don’t care for parties) but I need it for networking.  

Then I am going to a church lock in for youth group.  Thankfully that is only until midnight.  They used to make it an all nighter.   That youth minister is no longer here and the old people (me) vetoed that idea this year.  

Edited by dll2000

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/wolf-restoration.htm#:~:text=Wolves arrived in Yellowstone National,truck on January 12%2C 1995.&text=In the 1800s%2C westward expansion,was destroyed as agriculture flourished.

Great day for me yesterday.  It was my 15th anniversary at work.  No extra PTO but I did pick out a pressure cooker/air dryer for my anniversary gift.  And yes, I tried to make fries in it, nothing crispy yet, but I've only tried it twice.  I gotta look into new recipes

Last might I kicked butt in my bowling league,  I had the highest game and series(both scratch and handicap)  Game 246, with handicap 292(3rd highest in the league)  618 series 756 with handicap(2nd in league) 

I also played little league baseball growing up.  My dad told me if a train went by I focused on that over the game.  I don't remember that all too much, but that was also 30+ years ago. 

• Like 1