Brock Purdy franchise QB?

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

With this injury and not being able to throw etc, has Purdy actually had an opportunity to improve? Or does this injury basically stall his progress until he's able to throw again with regularity?

I mean in terms of like actual on field training? Obviously that has not been happening. Brock can work on his footwork but obviously he's going to be limited in what he can do with his injury.

There's just a lot of risk in banking on Brock for the 2023 season. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean in terms of like actual on field training? Obviously that has not been happening. Brock can work on his footwork but obviously he's going to be limited in what he can do with his injury.

There's just a lot of risk in banking on Brock for the 2023 season. 

Right that makes sense. Guess I'm just curious how much the 'mental reps' and watching film actually help when he's not able to go out and implement what he's learned with the injury. Like how much development can be had when he's not actually able to throw. I guess it wouldn't be a 49ers off season without QB drama.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, John232 said:

Pat McAfee show is rough rn, ngl. We really traded up for Mac Jones and then still whiffed picking someone else.

Eh the same story that's been said the entire time from Shefter. Trey was always a boom-bust pick. Sucks but the 49ers need to let this playout with Brock. If Trey forces their hand so be it. Everything right now is just the same information just reposted over and over again. Nothing is new. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, John232 said:

Pat McAfee show is rough rn, ngl. We really traded up for Mac Jones and then still whiffed picking someone else.

To me it wasn't quite so bad because it was at least pointed out that 1) Kyle for sure made the decision for Trey (even if it hasn't worked out as hoped) and 2) The process made the pick to be Trey, that Mac 'n Cheese wasn't worth the pick. Those points make it much easier to swallow that they traded up with the idea of Mac even if it is semantics. Still wish we had stayed pat and taken Micah Parsons but thats with hindsight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

To me it wasn't quite so bad because it was at least pointed out that 1) Kyle for sure made the decision for Trey (even if it hasn't worked out as hoped) and 2) The process made the pick to be Trey, that Mac 'n Cheese wasn't worth the pick. Those points make it much easier to swallow that they traded up with the idea of Mac even if it is semantics. Still wish we had stayed pat and taken Micah Parsons but thats with hindsight.

For some reason, I don't think we would have taken Parsons. I'm actually curious how many teams were evaluating Parsons on the basis of being an edge rusher. 

If I had to guess, I feel like we would have maybe taken Mac Jones or Slater if we had stayed put 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

For some reason, I don't think we would have taken Parsons. I'm actually curious how many teams were evaluating Parsons on the basis of being an edge rusher. 

If I had to guess, I feel like we would have maybe taken Mac Jones or Slater if we had stayed put 

I don't think we would have at the time either, but I still can have my fantasies! My last dynasty team in Madden might have redone that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe Christian Darrisaw? This regime seems to like more height and bulk in their tackles than most OZ heavy teams. Probably because we run a variety of stuff. But I think it would have been Mac. And we'd have had 2 additional late first round picks - which could certainly have lead to more value or could have led to more Kinlaws. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 5:47 PM, John232 said:

I’m loving grant cohns pod right now. Haters gonna hate 

On 6/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, John232 said:

We have the most exhausting media in sports. I’m so over QBs. We should just bring back pat white and only rpo

HMMMMMMNNNNNN 

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Been a long while since I listened to Grant, or any of them, for that matter. 

I get annoyed enough just seeing the tweets... dude is obsessed with stirring up our QB situation. Pathetic. 

I listen to John Chapman.  He spends time on Roster depth and other players and topics.  He doesn't have media credentials, so I also listen to Maiocco for transactional information.  There is not a lot going on.  There are 22 of 22 starter spots locked up already.  Not many people want to talk about whether Womack with back up all three corner spots, or if Myles Hartfeld will crack the roster.

• Like 2