Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

By the end of year one though Rodgers looked like a legit star. The book isn’t out on Love yet, but you have to expect more from a guy who has been in the system for so long already. He has definitely been more disappointing than I expected. 

How he plays the rest of the year after a slow start is what matters. If he can improve going into next year the discussion continues. 

Rodgers was a top 10 QB his first year starting by every metric. Don't know how anyone can watch Love and think he's definitely a franchise QB.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

By the end of year one though Rodgers looked like a legit star.

At the time, this opinion (shared by very few, you're using revisionist history really badly but some, like me, thought so at least) was even more controversial than my early takes on Jordan Love this year. 

I suspect it will age similarly. Love has all the tools. He's an exciting young QB who had a bad game vs a bad team.

People are victims of the moment, so obviously the guy has no future. The moment he plays even halfway solid in the future and the team wins again no one will even remember the Raiders game. 

Right now I’m leaning towards “competitive starter”.

5 hours ago, StatKing said:

Rodgers was a top 10 QB his first year starting by every metric. Don't know how anyone can watch Love and think he's definitely a franchise QB.

Rodgers had the luxury of throwing to the likes of James Jones, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver and Donald Lee at TE.  These guys are a hell of lot more polished than anybody Love is throwing to today.  Will Love ever be a franchise QB?  This is the year we are going to find out.

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think he really has the offensive talent around him to fairly evaluate him

He doesn't have an alpha receiving option, but he does have a myriad of what seem to be competent, young receivers around him and a Pro Bowl RB. That plus a great OL. He's certainly not starved of supporting talent.

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think he really has the offensive talent around him to fairly evaluate him, but I will say that his deep accuracy in particular has been atrocious everytime I watch him.

Footwork gets loose often as well.  All in all, reminds me of Stafford 2012-2014. 

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

but he does have a myriad of what seem to be competent, young receivers around him

I guess? I'm not too high on them myself, though. Doubs seems like JAG to me and Christian Watson plays so soft. I have liked what I've seen from Jayden Reed so far, though

and a Pro Bowl RB

Who's only been active for two games this year due to a hamstring injury...

That plus a great OL

...is it, though? They certainly aren't playing like it (especially without Bakhtiari)

All in all you seem to be way more high on the Packers' offensive talent than I am lol

• Like 1

Can we stop with the "he doesn't have weapons" argument? Seems like every terrible QB gets a free pass from some people because they don't have all-pro receivers. 

Good QBs still get the job done with whoever is out there. Brady, Rodgers, plenty of others have done it. Sure, they're better when they have better players to get the ball, but they never look like Love did the other night

55 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Can we stop with the "he doesn't have weapons" argument? Seems like every terrible QB gets a free pass from some people because they don't have all-pro receivers. 

Good QBs still get the job done with whoever is out there. Brady, Rodgers, plenty of others have done it. Sure, they're better when they have better players to get the ball, but they never look like Love did the other night

Yeah c'mon guys. If Brady and Rodgers could do it in the peak of their careers, anyone should be able to do it their first year starting. Let's stop with the excuses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I guess? I'm not too high on them myself, though. Doubs seems like JAG to me and Christian Watson plays so soft. I have liked what I've seen from Jayden Reed so far, though

Who's only been active for two games this year due to a hamstring injury...

...is it, though? They certainly aren't playing like it (especially without Bakhtiari)

All in all you seem to be way more high on the Packers' offensive talent than I am lol

Fair enough. I guess my point is, I didn't come away from the game on Monday thinking "man, this guy has something, he just needs some more help".

• Like 3