Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yeah, on a one off. Not year after year. Mike Evans had one year with 3 TDs.  One year with 5, another with 6. Every other year 8+ (that's 6 out of 9). Talent is talent. Regression to the mean. Etc. 

This is a questionable argument to me. 

I guess I don't want players in the first round who almost get a TD, I want players who get the TD. Same with sacks. I'll take developmental guys with athleticism in rounds 4+ (maybe 3+). Don't give me those guys in the 1st round.

I'd even argue that snaps per sack is a better argument to make.  He's only been a full-time starter the past two years.  He had 72 snaps per sack in 2021, and 63 snaps per sack in 2022 before he tore his ACL.  Just for comparison, Nick Bosa over the last 2 years has been 54 snaps per sack in 2021 and 40 snaps per snack.  I think we'd all agree that Bosa is the creme de la creme of pass rushers or at least one of those.  Compare that to someone like Brian Burns who was viewed as a better pass rusher coming out of college, and he averaged 93 snaps per sack in 2021 and 76 snaps per sack in 2022.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Bills want to run more 12 personnel (tried last year but ended up cutting OJ Howard at camp)

Can still run 11 personnel a lot too because Kincaid is going to be their best slot option as the roster stands right now 

This is only good for the roster. Look at teams like the 49ers or even the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Cowboys panicked after Kincaid was snatched up.

Nah. Panicking would have been taking Josh Downs or Mayer. 

Our run defense has been an issue for a long, long time. Mazi should solidify that for us. 

• Like 1