2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

Just now, Nick_gb said:

There’s a difference between not dropping to your knees every time he makes a pick and hating literally everything about the draft - it’s certainly not a perfect draft but it also isn’t anywhere near as bad as you’re making it out to be either.

He didn't say he hated everything about the draft. 

Just now, Tperk said:

Too much decent talent still on the board to grab this guy at 149. There is the Gute brain fart moment of the draft.

He picked up an extra pick at 159 courtesy of the Lions.  Gave him the flexibility to make a luxury pick.  Thinking they wanted to come away with a developmental QB and after that run they weren't going to wait any longer.  

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

It sure is....and there is plenty of better prospects on the board than a QB that was listed as an UDFA type guy.

He seems like a reach for sure, but I feel like letting a 5th round reach ruin your draft experience is a bit of an overreaction.

Just now, Scoremore said:

He picked up an extra pick at 159 courtesy of the Lions.  Gave him the flexibility to make a luxury pick.  Thinking they wanted to come away with a developmental QB and after that run they weren't going to wait any longer.  

That may be the case here, but it doesn't stop me from giving this pick a big MEH.

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Nope.  It was from me in the draft subforum.  As a Packers fan, I'm not a fan of what we've done so far.  LVn looks the part, but he doesn't do more than bullrush right now.  That said, he has room to grow.  Musgrave was an awful pick imo.  He is a great athlete but has no clue how to play TE, no clue how to block, and gets injured.  That's not good at 42.  Reed at 50 is even worse.  He is a 3rd day guy at best with poor testing scores outside of a fast 40(which is largely useless in terms is scouting a WR).  He's a JAG.  Not what you want at 50.  Kraft I mind the least of our day 2 picks, but he has to make a huge jump in terms of competition.  He needs a lot of seasoning to be a viable NFL player.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

He didn't say he hated everything about the draft. 

Hating the whole draft and what he said may be a stretch but it was certainly an extremely negative take for R1-3 on every single pick. I don’t think my stating that is that far out of pocket compared to what was said.

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Ppl sure bent out of shape for a 5th rounder. Half of these late-round guys will be cut before the end of their rookie deals. 

And the truth shall set you free!!!  Right on TT.  All this bitching and watch the kid turn into a player.  I don't sweat it anymore just kick back and enjoy the draft.  Saw the war room seems the Packers were pretty happy about the pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Hating the whole draft and what he said may be a stretch but it was certainly an extremely negative take for R1-3 on every single pick. I don’t think my stating that is that far out of pocket compared to what was said.

LVN was my 3rd choice at 13, so I'm not super upset there.  Not a fan of who we took where in the 2nd especially.  Good with Wooden.  Not a fan of the QB in the 5th.

• Like 1