2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

11 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Clifford's a big brain, apparently. Presumably he'll pick up the offense fast and either be a clipboard master or a viable relief pitcher that won't challenge the heir apparent.

Exactly, a Matt Flynn type who eventually developed into a decent backup and got a contract out of it.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

alright, i really want this guy. Our version of Kyle J. 1.50 flat 10yd split. He's a legit athlete...

This guy ******* **** ALL over USD. He looked like the greatest back ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think the Packers feel a lot better about their "tackle insurance" than outsiders do. They are obviously high on Tom, and I think they like Walker and Jones as well. 

I also like Tom and Walker.  I love watching Jones.  But I view him as a lottery ticket.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

triple down on Zach Kuntz in the 7th? Go w/ the H-back/FB in Hunter Luepke (who has an astonishing 10yd split)?

man, this safety class must have really, really sucked. 

I see some decent OL depth remaining. Maybe a couple RBs. 

I'd like Kuntz if two things happened; one, the team switches to a 12 alignment primarily, and 2; if you can adequately replace Davis on ST; I can't see Kuntz doing anything worthwhile than catching high onside bouncers.

I'm always down for Fullbacks(dinosaur that I am), but I don't see Luepke unless he's a good enough runner to replace Taylor. I don't see him outclassing Deguarra for the H-Back role, nor do I see the space for a two H-Back backfield to pave the way for Jones/Dillon in a prehistoric T-Formation.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I also like Tom and Walker.  I love watching Jones.  But I view him as a lottery ticket.

He's pretty much in the same position as Nijman was a few years ago. Maybe they see similar qualities. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

This guy ******* **** ALL over USD. He looked like the greatest back ever. 

he's a 2nd-3rd round talent. how have I never heard of him.

Seriously, elite athlete, crushed it at RB, FB and track and catch and tap his toes on sideline routes. What the hell.

Steal of the draft for someone...

holy ****, he's from Spencer, WI too lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

alright, i really want this guy. Our version of Kyle J. 1.50 flat 10yd split. He's a legit athlete...

This is the type of guy you want to draft in the 7th. He could find a productive role in this offense and contribute heavily on special teams.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'd like Kuntz if two things happened; one, the team switches to a 12 alignment primarily, and 2; if you can adequately replace Davis on ST; I can't see Kuntz doing anything worthwhile than catching high onside bouncers.

I'm always down for Fullbacks(dinosaur that I am), but I don't see Luepke unless he's a good enough runner to replace Taylor. I don't see him outclassing Deguarra for the H-Back role, nor do I see the space for a two H-Back backfield to pave the way for Jones/Dillon in a prehistoric T-Formation.

honestly Luepke looks like a better runner than AJ Dillon did last year. And a better catcher than Deguara. He could replace them both.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

honestly Luepke looks like a better runner than AJ Dillon did last year. And a better catcher than Deguara. He could replace them both.

I'd rather he replace Taylor than the other two, but I see where you're coming from.