2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

22 minutes ago, Green19 said:

That’s fine… I was merely reacting to talk about Addison in a trade down.

Said Hyatt would be the more likely target if: trade down and they desperately wanted a WR in that spot.

He simply fits more.

Plus he has be mocked in the late first round…. But everyone here wants to jump and say no way, never, etc etc.

All I’m saying is never say never. And based on past metrics… Hyatt would be more likely than others. I get people like THEIR guy, but you aren’t picking for GB. Gute and his staff are. Which makes Hyatt a target. And on a side note packer Twitter has gotten really good at figuring out the metrics at WR for GB.

Jacob Morley said 5 guys last draft “fit” packers WR model… 4 of those dudes are on the roster right now: Watson, Doubs, Toure and Melton.

Based on past metrics being a 170 some pounds is probably a deal breaker. But of course, Morley and the rest of the Packer Twitter crew already knew that because they know the 'fit'. So why would they be pimping Hyatt if they know the 'fit'. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

I have this sinking feeling that Addison is gonna wind up in MIN.  Thankfully we've got some excellent CBs if so.

Am I eating those marijuana pills again, or don't they need defense and OL still? 

Addison is not a guy that I fear.  If he beats us, well then remind me that I was wrong.  

Just now, Old Guy said:

Trade back, trade back again, trade back a 3rd time. Five hours later we don't pick in round 1 but have 8 picks on day 2 of the draft! LOL

I did that in one of the sims last week.  It was really stupid, but fun.  I liked my haul, but I took 20+ players.  I don't remember how many trade downs I did, but anything that offered me more picks in this draft, and was like just a handful of picks down the board, I accepted.  

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I have this sinking feeling that Addison is gonna wind up in MIN.  Thankfully we've got some excellent CBs if so.

I'm neither concerned about Minnesota or Addison. This wouldn't even register a thought for me.

Detroit is the real competition and they have two top 18 picks this year. I'm paying attention to them, for sure.

18 minutes ago, R T said:

Based on past metrics being a 170 some pounds is probably a deal breaker. But of course, Morley and the rest of the Packer Twitter crew already knew that because they know the 'fit'. So why would they be pimping Hyatt if they know the 'fit'. 

He doesn’t have Hyatt as a tier 1 fit. He is Tier 3. Addison and flowers aren’t even on the board. There are 3 tiers in “fit”.

The issue were he is view in relation to every other board in the league. He is seen as a late first and second rounder.

JSN is the only tier 1 fit worthy of a first rounder. The other tier ones are; rice, perry, wicks and dubose. They pass every metric. The rest are tier 2 or 3. Most have 1 issue.

Hyatt’s is weight. But they likely need to take Hyatt high over say wicks… even though wicks fits every metric.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And all the tier 2 WRs are like day 3 guys. Maybe Mingo on Day 2

McGinn is typically pretty accurate in his top 100, and he has 12 WR's going on days 1 & 2

Wide receivers (12): Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State; Jordan Addison, Southern California; Quentin Johnston, Texas Christian; Zay Flowers, Boston College; Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee; Josh Downs, North Carolina; Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi; Cedric Tillman, Tennessee; Marvin Mims, Oklahoma; Tyler Scott, Cincinnati; Nathaniel Dell, Houston; Jayden Reed, Michigan State

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

McGinn is typically pretty accurate in his top 100, and he has 12 WR's going on days 1 & 2

Yeah and in that list none fit their metrics well enough.

in that top 100… you have JSN, Hyatt, Mingo and potentially Johnston.

Literally most fits are day 3

23 minutes ago, Green19 said:

He doesn’t have Hyatt as a tier 1 fit. He is Tier 3. Addison and flowers aren’t even on the board. There are 3 tiers in “fit”.

The issue were he is view in relation to every other board in the league. He is seen as a late first and second rounder.

JSN is the only tier 1 fit worthy of a first rounder. The other tier ones are; rice, perry, wicks and dubose. They pass every metric. The rest are tier 2 or 3. Most have 1 issue.

Hyatt’s is weight. But they likely need to take Hyatt high over say wicks… even though wicks fits every metric.

Where does his list and fit live on the webbernets?