2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Or just wait and take a better QB in the future and ride out Tannehill for now. Levis is god awful.

You obviously don't like Levis.  I am just saying that if they think Levis is a better player, they should take him.  I don't think Willis is an unimpeachable sure thing.  I am talking about the idea of a better QB.  Willis was less than stellar, so perhaps you move on.

This is the last I carry water for Phil Levis, or whatever his stupid first name is.  I already carry enough water for Kirk ******* Cousins.  Somewhere, the tools, the attitude, and the value hit the sweet spot.  That is where he will be drafted.  Most likely as a developmental project.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You obviously don't like Levis.  I am just saying that if they think Levis is a better player, they should take him.  I don't think Willis is an unimpeachable sure thing.  I am talking about the idea of a better QB.  Willis was less than stellar, so perhaps you move on.

This is the last I carry water for Phil Levis, or whatever his stupid first name is.  I already carry enough water for Kirk ******* Cousins.  Somewhere, the tools, the attitude, and the value hit the sweet spot.  That is where he will be drafted.  Most likely as a developmental project.

I know what you're saying. I'm saying it's stupid.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Mauch is old and he's a guard.

This is correct… but he is a fit. And they drafted an older guy in Wyatt last year. You will get the age stuff still this season because of Covid.

plus if you grade him as being a pro bowl guard… you can find space. Like kick Jenkins to LT after this year when Bakh leaves and Cody is your LG.

Just based on consensus boards, this is around the time they should be drafted… and the numbers say they are GB fits.

Edited by Green19

Just now, Green19 said:

This is correct… but he is a fit. And they drafted an older guy in Wyatt last year. You will get the age stuff still this season because of Covid.

plus if you grade him as being a pro bowl guard… you can find space. Like kick Jenkins to LT after this year when Bakh leaves and Cody is your LG.

Just based on consensus boards, this is around the time they should be drafted… and they numbers say they are GB fits.

Doubt we're taking a guard at 42 or 45 at this point. Not when there are other options later on that fit as well. Zavala and Sow tomorrow fit just as well, if not better, than Mauch.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doubt we're taking a guard at 42 or 45 at this point. Not when there are other options later on that fit as well. Zavala and Sow tomorrow fit just as well, if not better, than Mauch.

They did not too long ago take a Center in the second…

First tends to be more strict for positional value (although quay would say otherwise). Seems like second round and later they can look at a range of positions.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

They did not too long ago take a Center in the second…

First tends to be more strict for positional value (although quay would say otherwise). Seems like second round and later they can look at a range of positions.

Different time and stages in our builds. Just don't see Mauch that early. He's a late day 2, early day 3 guy, at best, for me.

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Me and a friend have a running joke of calling QBs that we think suck but the wrong first name. Kurt Cousins. Etc. Phil Levis is now added to that list

• Like 1